Thread: flatline worth putting on RT ule custom?

flatline worth putting on RT ule custom?

good day,
    my RT ule custom is practically done, anno aside. well, besides the asa - thats my question
    as a new decent asa + inserts for my ninja will probably cost about the same as a flatline "asa", so can anybody help me decide?

my understanding is, that with the flatline I can nicely sweetspot the on off (x-valve with everything on it), opposed by roughly putting shims in a reg. also I can bring my normal tank with me and keep my current 800psi ninjas - for whom all my other non regulated markers are set up for...

so any advice / what would u op for?

thanks in advance
    Last edited by Kartan; 01-03-2017 at 05:47 PM.

you can shim other regs too. pure energy, empire etc. ninja isn't the only option.

the issue with the flatline is being able to easily remove it from the marker and also bleed the line for tuning/troubleshooting. the 4.5k flatline reg seats are no longer made. so if you do go with a 4.5k flatline you likely will not be able to rebuild it with the proper reg seat.

the 3k flatline can be rebuilt with standard agd orings but is only capable of 3kpsi.

thanks for pointing that out, thought they had only different burst discs in em..

An adjustable reg can be turned up to higher pressures to make the sweetspot easily held and bounced by your finger. As your setup loosens up and your finger gets used to it, you can turn the pressure down and still find the sweetspot. The strength of the RT lightens and the rate of the bounce goes down as the pressure decreases. Bouncing the trigger at 11-12 bps feels a little odd to me, like having to wait on the trigger return.

I went through maxflos and flatlines, but I ended up with a ninja set at 950 psi (no shims) for RT play. I have other bottles for different pressures, but I try to maintain three at 950, 800, and 650 for all of my different markers. I sometimes use the 950 or 650 on classic mags also. A couple of my old mags will bounce a little on the 800 (that 11-12), the 950 runs about 15 bps, but each setup is a little different in layout and wear. You can mix and match as long as you keep your rate of fire in mind.

I used the adjustable regs when fiddling around, but I would usually leave them alone over a weekend of playing. Changing shims for a new marker setup wasn't as much trouble as moving or storing a dedicated (non-screw-in) HPA bottle. Fixed regs are more compact and easy to integrate into various setups.

I still keep my 3k flatline around for all sorts of projects. It's a little bulky, but well behaved.

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    you can shim other regs too. pure energy, empire etc. ninja isn't the only option.

the issue with the flatline is being able to easily remove it from the marker and also bleed the line for tuning/troubleshooting. the 4.5k flatline reg seats are no longer made. so if you do go with a 4.5k flatline you likely will not be able to rebuild it with the proper reg seat.

the 3k flatline can be rebuilt with standard agd orings but is only capable of 3kpsi.
    I still have a bunch left for rebuilds only...A fresh rebuild and your Flatline should last for years if you dont take it apart
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

appreciate all helping me out so quickly, guess now I need to save up for one of each^^