Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to shim shp with classic RT

Quote Originally Posted by Mondoatx View Post
    blackdeath1k,

Sorry bud... was out of town...

It is a "PRO V2" series...

I had an email conversation with a rep there when the 1250 figure was thrown out... specifically in reference to RTing mags... but I can't find the email...

I checked the manual on their site and it says it is pre set at 1100 lbs... adjustable down to 950...

When I checked it it was several months ago and now I am questioning myself... tell you what... I will be at the field this wknd... I will check it again and let you guys know it is set at.

M
    Was at the field this morning and checked it... it was betw 1100-1150 (tough to tell because the gauge had an odd number of lines between every clearly marked increment... so 1100 seems to be correct...

Nobody (and BigEvil)... Got the SHP before I did much research... and it achieved the desired outcome... but from what I gather now you can achieve the same RT effect by shortening your on off pin? Am I understanding that correctly? Anything else need to be done?

Can you buy them already shortened... or do you need some calipers or something to measure periodically as you grind it down? Would make life a lot easier if I could just go back to 800 PSI regs on both bottles since I have more than 1 gun...

LMK.

M

Nobody (and BigEvil)... Got the SHP before I did much research... and it achieved the desired outcome... but from what I gather now you can achieve the same RT effect by shortening your on off pin? Am I understanding that correctly? Anything else need to be done?

Can you buy them already shortened... or do you need some calipers or something to measure periodically as you grind it down? Would make life a lot easier if I could just go back to 800 PSI regs on both bottles since I have more than 1 gun...

LMK.

M
    0.744 makes for good reactivity with my old RT and a tank with 950psi output. It is reactive but VERY controllable with a 850psi tank.

LMK.

M
    Yup, shorten the on/off pin (small increments, checking often) and test with your most used tank. You are basically dialing in the gun to a particular tank.

Also, you check the lengths because each valve is going to be different.what a .740 pin is good for this person, might not work for you. With my tanks and Xvalves, a .720 pin works fantastic. So check often, go in .005 increments and test often.