Thread: I think AGD never made a hopper left body.....so now what?

I think AGD never made a hopper left body.....so now what?

I've been checking BST forums for the past year or so looking for a left feed Automag twist lock body and haven't been able to find one. Not a powerfeed left, but a true straight left feed. For most of that year, I wasn't looking too hard because I had funds tied up elsewhere and didn't want to spend more money, but now that I've sold my latest project, I'm looking to move on.....but I can't find a left feed body anywhere. Even when I do a Google image search, I can't find pics online of what I'm looking for. I did find some older threads on here, though, that suggest such bodies don't exist, or they exist in such small numbers that trying to buy one is futile.

So what are my options if I really want to make this happen? A powerfeed right body actually has the ball-drop hole on the left. How hard would it be to cut off the powerfeed and then weld a feedneck over the hole?

Quote Originally Posted by rawbutter View Post
    I've been checking BST forums for the past year or so looking for a left feed Automag twist lock body and haven't been able to find one. Not a powerfeed left, but a true straight left feed. For most of that year, I wasn't looking too hard because I had funds tied up elsewhere and didn't want to spend more money, but now that I've sold my latest project, I'm looking to move on.....but I can't find a left feed body anywhere. Even when I do a Google image search, I can't find pics online of what I'm looking for. I did find some older threads on here, though, that suggest such bodies don't exist, or they exist in such small numbers that trying to buy one is futile.

So what are my options if I really want to make this happen? A powerfeed right body actually has the ball-drop hole on the left. How hard would it be to cut off the powerfeed and then weld a feedneck over the hole?
    Im thinking it would be better to get a powerfeed body that has the hole on the side you desire. Then get a Rightfeed body. Remove the feed tubes and install (weld) the straight one on the body you want
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

They do exist, I've had them in my shop and converted them to off-set vert feeds, making them rarer than before.

I've also converted many powerfeed bodies to straight feeds, left and right hopper. Your easiest bet will be to find a body and convert it, all you need is one of these>

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Your easiest bet will be to find a body and convert it, all you need is one of these>
    http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/i...psy89opxpj.jpg
    Okay. I do have a body with a powerfeed on the left, do I could cut that off. But then where do I find a straight feedneck? I'd rather not cut one off an otherwise working body.

Quote Originally Posted by rawbutter View Post
    Okay. I do have a body with a powerfeed on the left, do I could cut that off. But then where do I find a straight feedneck? I'd rather not cut one off an otherwise working body.
    Make a wtb thread for a base body that's not in the greatest of shape. Could prob score one real cheap.

That picture was taken this morning.

The necks are silver soldered on so you don't have to cut them off, just heat the solder and they will fall off.

That picture was taken this morning.
    I hear Luke saying, "Make me an offer."

Quote Originally Posted by bowcycle View Post
    Lol. I feel stupid for not picking up on that.

I need to think about it, though. Sorry Luke. I don't know how to weld. Not even sure I know someone who can weld. Mostly I'm just thinking out loud at this point. I just finished my last big project, so I need a new one....hopefully this will be it.

The end result that I have planned for this is a half-stock class marker to challenge myself a little more on the field. I don't want to use 12 grams (mostly because I'm cheap, and shooting through a bunch of 12 grams is a lot more expensive than using HPA), but I'd like to make a classic Automag with a left feed body and a straight plastic elbow sticking off of the left so I can basically use 10-round tubs as clips, and I want it on the left just for ease of changing clips (I'm right handed).

Of course, maybe I'm over-thinking this. There's probably an easier way to do what I want.

Oh no, not interested. I'm retired (Heavy on the tired) from doing feedneck mods.

I do have a few feednecks left over if you're interested in parts.

Yes, Unicorns do exist. Factory left feed standard body. Pump ready.
    I don't recall when the pump milling was factory done....my brain doesn't want to remember.
    These are original factory bodies.

Name:  left feed body_1.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  120.3 KBName:  left feed body_2.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  90.9 KB
    Last edited by Sandman; 01-09-2017 at 06:56 PM.
    AGD is in the house!
    Custom gun builds. All the parts. New Website. Factory Service available!
    www.airgundesigns.com

Get your pocketbook out......

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Get your pocketbook out......
    Lol.....seriously.

Are those just old pictures, Tim, or do you still have some in stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I don't recall when the pump milling was factory done....my brain doesn't want to remember.

Take my money PLEASE!
    Seriously though: if you still have one fo those left I would be very interested in buying one. Please LMK if we can work sth out.
    Thanks!

I do have a few feednecks left over if you're interested in parts.
    This was all I meant. I knew you didn't want to get back into feedneck mods.

this was all i meant. I knew you didn't want to get back into feedneck mods.
    LOL, My typical response when ask "would you please do just one more feed mod" is typically "not even maybe".

Those are current pics.

LOL, My typical response when ask "would you please do just one more feed mod" is typically "not even maybe".
    I've been sitting on all the parts needed to convert my minimag body to a simple right feed for a while now, but never felt confident enough on welding everything together.
    Is it possible that u share some of your knowledge, as u never plan to do any more of them anyhow? Like you gave some handy advice on getting the feed neck part off, are there any secrets on how to weld it on?

any input would be appreciated

ps: got a package in the mail from you today, excellent work as always!

Quote Originally Posted by Kartan View Post
    I've been sitting on all the parts needed to convert my minimag body to a simple right feed for a while now, but never felt confident enough on welding everything together.
    Is it possible that u share some of your knowledge, as u never plan to do any more of them anyhow? Like you gave some handy advice on getting the feed neck part off, are there any secrets on how to weld it on?

any input would be appreciated

ps: got a package in the mail from you today, excellent work as always!
    The bodies are brazed with silver solder. Breaking the weld is relatively easy, but requires some skill in putting it on andoutting it on straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post

Must have been part of the Australian pump mag run, being upside down and all.

So can I actually buy one of these feed left bodies? Or is AGD hording them for the zombie uprising?