I reached out to Luke's and they thought someone here my have a idea
    I want to keep my hopper but that plastic 90 elbow is killing me
    What have some of you done? Luke's thinks there a medal 90 out there
    But he didn't know the manufacturer
    And I would like to cut down the feed as low as I can
    I'm using a halo hopper
    How low can I go
    What's the best 90 solution

Python makes a black aluminum elbow, but it's pretty tall. I tried it, and I felt like the hopper was off balance. For a small gravity hopper, it might be okay, but I have a feeling your Halo would feel weird sitting up there.

The best elbow I've ever tried is the Pro-Team 7/8 inch elbow. They are plastic, but they're really rugged and strong. I have six, and I have yet to break one. You can get them in black, transparent grey, blue, etc..... BUT I also know from personal experience that they don't fit Halos very well. You have to sand down the feedneck quite a lot. So if you go that route, be prepared.

With a Halo, I've actually had the best luck with basic JT elbows. They do slip/rotate on the Automag feedneck, but a little tape fixes that problem. And they grab Halos really well. They do break from time to time, but they're also really cheap. Just get a three-pack and leave the spares in your gearbag. Then when you run out, buy some more.

Thanks I just ordered 2
    Have you cut down the feed tube on any
    Just looking to see how low can I go

I believe Palmers Pursuit Shop also makes a metal elbow but I am not positive.

I second the Pro Team elbows. I have two of their new run of black ones and they are excellent. The work perfectly on my Minimag and Sniper II with my Revys.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottprocurot View Post
    Thanks I just ordered 2
    Have you cut down the feed tube on any
    Just looking to see how low can I go
    I've cut down the feedneck on most of my automags. How much you can cut off depends a little on what elbow you're planning to use, though you should always err on the side of extra. You can always trim a little more off, but you can't put it back on. On right feed bodies, I think I've cut about an inch off on most of them. For powerfeeds, though, maybe half an inch.

Here's one I did (on the left) compared to a standard powerfeed (on the right).

Name:  IMG_20170117_201400.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  86.3 KB

Probably could have gone a little bit shorter, but you get the idea.

I've tried just about every method to get them off....hacksaws, power saws...but the best by far is actually a simple pipe cutter (like the kind you use for copper pipe). It's a much slower method, but the final result looks so much better and straight. And there's never any serious burrs to grind off afterward. A little sandpaper usually is good enough to remove any sharp bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottprocurot View Post
    What's the best 90 solution
    Build another mag, vert fed.

I try to use power feeds on gravity feeds that are lighter and smaller.

Proteam lifetime warranty. I'm about to order some for mine

I got 2 and there great
    You will have to work the hopper by sanding the hopper down