Thread: Minimag w/ Carter body - what's it worth?

Minimag w/ Carter body - what's it worth?

Good evening all! New guy here, although I have lurked the AOG on and off over the years.

Came across this rad mini last spring and have always been curious as to what exactly I have and what it may be worth. Where better to ask then here??

What I do know is it's a minimag with a polished body and what I have been told is a Carter's body kit? The vert grip is actually an old WGP reg that just happens to have a very close matching anno job. Stock barrel as well as the pictured DYE ultralight.

It shoots well, and it's a fun gun to play rec with when I get the chance.

Thanks!

Kit alone, $100+

Gun with tank $300 maybe more

Most splash kits are Eclipse or SP ones and its really rare to establish a price. I hate to say that its really the price is what a person is willing to pay for it.

The sight rail looks like Carter's work.
    What that probably means is that Carter did the rail and sight rail and polished the body (and sometimes the valve).
    If you can find a powerfeed plug with similar anno, then the complete splash kit will be worth a bit more, but like Nobody said, some of this is only what an individual is willing to pay.
    If you sell off the splash kit, don't expect to get more from the body/valve just because they were polished by Carter.

Very sharp Mag, Old-Soul!

I would say you could expect to get around $250 for the gun only as is. Appraisal aside, I would hold onto that beauty and hand it down to your kids or younger members of your family when you personally can't hit the field any longer. She is too pretty to sell!

Thanks fellas for the replies, appreciate it.

I don't know how serious I am about letting it go, it truly is a fun gun to play with but I was and remain more of an autococker and angel guy (sorry, I know) and I feel maybe I should consider letting it go to help fund another gun that may see more use in my hands.

I'd be interested in the splash parts if you decide to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by correia3 View Post
    I'd be interested in the splash parts if you decide to sell.
    There is a line lol.

HAha yeah there's been a good amount of interest in the gun but I couldn't part it out on good conscious. Would only really be interested in trading it for certain private label cockers.

I always like the scenic pictures of paintball guns out in nature by a tree.
    It's like they are on a picnic and someone just happen to catch them leaning against a tree.
    Nice Mag! gotta love how good the classics can still look.
    AGD is in the house!
    Custom gun builds. All the parts. New Website. Factory Service available!
    www.airgundesigns.com

Haha that's a strange way to look at it but sure, glad ya dig it.

does anyone have some kind of estimate of how many smarts parts / eclipse / carter splash mags were made??... i would bet carter is drastically the lowest... id say 400 bucks is what its worth, and thats too low

Quote Originally Posted by smallerfreeze View Post
    does anyone have some kind of estimate of how many smarts parts / eclipse / carter splash mags were made??... i would bet carter is drastically the lowest... id say 400 bucks is what its worth, and thats too low
    Carter parts are much less known or production numbers for. the Eclipse & SP were production and are not rare. Having full kits that are complete are rare, from the 20 years that they were first made, in addition to SP making single parts for sale. Remember, the SP splash kits had no extra milling unlike Eclipse parts, so they were far easier to put together and sell. Order raw parts, send out for anno, piece together & sell.

If i had to guess numbers, 100+ for the carters and that is probably a huge over estimate. For Eclipse kits, 2000+ and probably double that for SP.