Thread: Automag classic questions

Automag classic questions

I'm thinking of upgrading my stock automag classic . I would like to upgrade to a freak kit, with a back bottle asa and an rt valve. I have some questions about the barrel and rail?

What would be the best way to get a freak barrel kit on it?
    I would love to get a twist lock freak back but to my understanding they are rare.
    So, Is it possible to use a twist lock to cocker thread adapter to a freak barrel kit?
    Or should I just get a ule body?

To my understanding there are a lot of different am/mm rails.
    How do I find out which one I have and if it will accept a back bottle asa?

Thanks a lot guys,
    Andy

You can look for a twist lock freak barrel kit. There are a few around. It would probably be easier to fine a cocker set, though. You can use a cocker to twist lock adapter. There are some nice ones made by Doc's Machine Shop. The easiest method is the ULE body.

You can check to see if your rail will accept a back bottle by removing the valve and checking to see if the bolt cavities are machined into the back of the rail. A back bottle is ok for CO2, but a bit cumbersome for compressed air. If you are planing to use compressed air, you would be better served by installing a grip frame bottom mounted ASA. If you are planing to upgrade to an RT valve at some point, you will need compressed air anyway, because they can't use CO2.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Andykiriakou View Post
    I'm thinking of upgrading my stock automag classic . I would like to upgrade to a freak kit, with a back bottle asa and an rt valve. I have some questions about the barrel and rail?

What would be the best way to get a freak barrel kit on it?
    I would love to get a twist lock freak back but to my understanding they are rare.
    So, Is it possible to use a twist lock to cocker thread adapter to a freak barrel kit?
    Or should I just get a ule body?

To my understanding there are a lot of different am/mm rails.
    How do I find out which one I have and if it will accept a back bottle asa?

Thanks a lot guys,
    Andy
    If you are happy with your powerfeed/elbow setup then by all means keep your body and get a cocker adapter. If you want to make it lighter and more up to date then get the ULE body. ULE body gets you vert feed also. If your rail is an AGD rail Then it can be drilled for the back bottle asa. Other brands may not work so easily. Post a picture of your rail and/or gun so we can see what you have.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

I'm doing the same thing. But I've got a new mainbody coming with cocker threads and vert feed coming in from Xmagterror.
    So I just ordered the cocker back for the Freak today.

Twistlock Freaks are around, just have to be watching for them.

Cheers