Thread: My RT Classic

My RT Classic

Hey guys,

Just put the finishing touches on my RT new-to-me classic. Modifications include a double trigger, level 10, pops asa, CPP air fitting, and a twist lock freak back. What else can I do here? ULE the rail? Track down an XMT body?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

looks good for an old valve number. not much left that you can do really that you have not already mentioned. maybe a warp feed or a side mounted hopper modification.

Uncut trigger frame.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Uncut trigger frame.

Haha but I want that trigger bounce = 2 finger trigger :P

Quote Originally Posted by stircrazzzy View Post
    Haha but I want that trigger bounce = 2 finger trigger :P
    Then get an Intelliframe.

Honestly, I think it looks great. The only thing I would do personally is shorten the feedneck a little, and yeah....maybe find a double trigger frame some day. But it looks good as-is. Shoots good too, I bet.

Thanks! I never really liked the look or feel of an Intelliframe. I guess at the end of the day I could easily replace this (or keep a spare) traditional/classic RT grip frame. That said, I really dig the way it feels, the angles, the grip, and the two finger trigger is perfect for what I want. I admit it looks a bit better as a one-finger trigger with uncut trigger frame, but hey, this is a "toy sport," am I right? :P

I'm a bit reluctant to cut the body for some reason. I ordered a classic RT rail and am considering trying to track someone down to mill it for a more ULE setup. And finding an XMT body would be cool. Also, the front black piece which holds the foregrip as well as the rear sight rail are bulky and perhaps a bit heavy...I wonder if there are any clever replacements for those as well. And of course, finally, it'd be cool to see what other types of foregrips are out there...but hey, I built an XValve'd mag for that very reason!

You can always take off the back sight rail. I never found them particularly useful anyway. You can change up the foregrip too, but then you lose that spiffy hardline.

Yeah, and the front grip feels nice. TBH the rear sight rail is more form than function for me. The classic RT lines don't work without it!

It'd be cool to redo the entire thing in carbon fiber, centerfeed. But...I like it fine enough as is! Gotta tune the level 10 I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

i would recommend the Pro Team Products elbow. they are shorter, work great and tough.