Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doc's New Ultrashort, Ultralight "Tanto" Freak Barrel

Question: the groove on the back portion, after the barrel threads, why? Is it an esthetic choice, does it serve a purpose, did you just felt that you wanted to loose some weight from the ridge build up, or what?

Quick announcement:

Black anno has been set back a bit. I got my 'test batch' back on Saturday, and the parts look great. The parts I buffed had a nice shine to 'em, and the 'right out of the machine" ones had a good factory-look gloss to 'em.

... And then today, the following Monday, I got an email from the company notifying me they'll be closing their doors at the end of this month.

Direct quote from their email:

We are sorry for the late notice, but negotiations with a potential buyer have fallen through and we no longer wish to continue operating due to California's burdensome business, environmental and financial climate.
    Thankfully, I have other vendors I've been dealing with as well. It's just going to add a week or two while I "shift gears" and make arrangements with them on the project.

I do still have plenty of polished ones on hand, it'll just take a bit more on the black. Sorry about the inconvenience. (Although I will note it's by no means the first anno shop I've dealt with in may career that's closed down over the years. Sad to see, but it happens.)

Doc.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Nickel View Post
    Quick announcement:

Black anno has been set back a bit. I got my 'test batch' back on Saturday, and the parts look great. The parts I buffed had a nice shine to 'em, and the 'right out of the machine" ones had a good factory-look gloss to 'em.

... And then today, the following Monday, I got an email from the company notifying me they'll be closing their doors at the end of this month.

Direct quote from their email:

Thankfully, I have other vendors I've been dealing with as well. It's just going to add a week or two while I "shift gears" and make arrangements with them on the project.

I do still have plenty of polished ones on hand, it'll just take a bit more on the black. Sorry about the inconvenience. (Although I will note it's by no means the first anno shop I've dealt with in may career that's closed down over the years. Sad to see, but it happens.)

Doc.

Thanks for the update Doc.

Subscribed to this thread when I saw your announcement and will be waiting for the black anno to be available. Let us know when they're ready!

I know this is not an autococker forum, but the tanto looks great on my STO

Name:  20170307_174636.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  65.6 KB

Wait.

Theres an autococker forum ?

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Wait.

Theres an autococker forum ?
    Name:  serious.PNG
Views: 207
Size:  277.5 KB

email sent

Perhaps slightly off topic, but I'll throw it out there...

Recently bought an old school smarts parts freak kit with all American 14" tip and cocker threaded back. It was intended for a fbm cocker I'm rebuilding, but the outside diameter of the back piece is making contact with the ram. That got me thinking...

Doc why don't you make freak backs with some AGD Flair?
    How cool would it be if you had the AGD logo CNC cut on the side right where the size is printed on the inserts? Like smarts parts used to do, but better because it was our idea first.

Jim
    yes, i could have purchased something new for the same money.

After a wait of twice as long as I was quoted by the anodizer, black Tantos are now in stock!

You can order them directly off my online store, or just PayPal $39.50 plus $6.50 for Priority Mail shipping to ordering@docsmachine.com and I'll get one heading your way!

Thanks for your patience!

Doc.

Annodizers across the country are having back logs & destroying finish dates. This i am not surprised upon.

Money sent! Looking forward to this one.

Money sent too. So excited.

Looking at Doc's web page I didn't see any other lengths
    Doc did you make any
    Anyone know ????

On the border of getting one, Anyone have any reviews of using it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Question: the groove on the back portion, after the barrel threads, why? Is it an esthetic choice, does it serve a purpose, did you just felt that you wanted to loose some weight from the ridge build up, or what?
    Its where the o ring goes, silly.....

I would love to see a tanto xl, meaning the same barrel but sized for the new freak xl 8" inserts. I would rsvp and prepay even...

Love mine by the way.

I was thinking the same thing. I just ordered a tanto the other day.