Thread: Flashpoints are finally back in stock!

Flashpoints are finally back in stock!

Those ever-elusive and highly sought-after Flashpoints are finally back! For those just tuning in, these are ultrashort tips that screw into any standard Freak back, to make a sweet, compact barrel, perfect for you point men, mil-sim guys and CQB fields- or really, anyone that wants a compact, lightweight marker setup.

I have both the M4 and Phase styles in stock, although only in polished at the moment. We have plenty on hand and will keep them in stock from now on.

They're still $24.95 each, and you can pick one up from my online store. Or you can just PayPal $28.50 (about a $4 savings in shipping) straight to ordering@docsmachine.com and I'll get one fired your way.

And, if anyone is interested, I have a few test pieces and prototypes we kicked around for other porting patterns:

All of these have eight slots, and all but C are larger in diameter than the regular Flashpoints- almost the same OD as the Freak barrel back itself.

A has 3/16" slots.
    B, D and E have 1/8" slots
    C is the same diameter as a regular FP, but has eight M4 style cuts that are a little shallower than normal.

I'll let each of these go for $20, if anyone's interested, and yes, they'll be fully deburred and polished before shipping. (Email for availability on these, please.)

Doc.

I'd like B and E, email sent to ordering@docsmachine.com

-cAyle

Email sent for A and C.

PP on M4

Will you be doing a run of black like with your Tanto barrels?
    Also just want to say thank you for making an awesome product and selling them at a real reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by caylegeorge View Post
    I'd like B and E, email sent[.]
    -B and E are yours, and are on their way!

Email sent for A and C.
    -From what name? I have no message asking for A and C, just a message this evening from a James W. asking for A.

Will you be doing a run of black like with your Tanto barrels?
    -Of course. I'll be shipping the majority of them out for anno here shortly, in fact.

Also just want to say thank you for making an awesome product and selling them at a real reasonable price.
    -And I'd like to thank you all for your generous support and feedback. I'm always glad to see players using and appreciating gear I've made.

Doc.

All orders are shipped, and all the "prototypes" have been spoken for. Thank you, everyone!

Still plenty of the standard Phase and M4s in stock though. Get 'em while they're hot!

Doc.

Hey doc, thanks for the tanto barrel, real excited to try it. Still planning on sending you that dye ultralite, just being lazy.

1.) Do you make these with dye ul threading?

2.) Do you (or anyone else) know if the threads on dye ul fronts are compatible with any other barrel system?

3.) Assuming both 1) and 2) are no's, do you have the means necessary to shorten my front by a few inches?

Thanks,
    Jim
    yes, i could have purchased something new for the same money.

Quote Originally Posted by tucson.az.jbreen View Post
    Hey doc, thanks for the tanto barrel, real excited to try it. Still planning on sending you that dye ultralite, just being lazy.

2.) Do you (or anyone else) know if the threads on dye ul fronts are compatible with any other barrel system?

3.) Assuming both 1) and 2) are no's, do you have the means necessary to shorten my front by a few inches?

Thanks,
    Jim
    Unless you want a 13" total barrel length, you can buy UL tips new. It will probably be cheaper, take less time and you won't have to reanno the tip. Just saying...

The ultra light is 14".

In my mind I was picturing 10" total length.

I believe they only come in 14 and 12.

Valid point though.

Thanks,
    Jim

You can shorten the front of your barrel with a tubing cutter. Go slow and smooth. Once cut use fine sandpaper and other than missing ano it will look great. And cost almost nothing.

Dye 10" UL tips are out there, just hard to find.

But let's get this on track, doc these are awesome and you should feel awesome. Just standing by for the black version now...

The ultra light is 14".

In my mind I was picturing 10" total length.

I believe they only come in 14 and 12.

Valid point though.
    Nope. 10" to 18"(total length). Look at Ansgear.com, actionvillage.com pbgateway.com

Quick announcement:

Black anno has been set back a bit. I got my 'test batch' back on Saturday, and the parts look great. The parts I buffed had a nice shine to 'em, and the 'right out of the machine" ones had a good factory-look gloss to 'em.

... And then today, the following Monday, I got an email from the company notifying me they'll be closing their doors at the end of this month.

Direct quote from their email:

We are sorry for the late notice, but negotiations with a potential buyer have fallen through and we no longer wish to continue operating due to California's burdensome business, environmental and financial climate.
    Thankfully, I have other vendors I've been dealing with as well. It's just going to add a week or two while I "shift gears" and make arrangements with them on the project.

I do still have plenty of polished ones on hand, it'll just take a bit more on the black. Sorry about the inconvenience. (Although I will note it's by no means the first anno shop I've dealt with in may career that's closed down over the years. Sad to see, but it happens.)

Doc.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Nickel View Post
    Quick announcement:

Black anno has been set back a bit. I got my 'test batch' back on Saturday, and the parts look great. The parts I buffed had a nice shine to 'em, and the 'right out of the machine" ones had a good factory-look gloss to 'em.

... And then today, the following Monday, I got an email from the company notifying me they'll be closing their doors at the end of this month.

Direct quote from their email:

Thankfully, I have other vendors I've been dealing with as well. It's just going to add a week or two while I "shift gears" and make arrangements with them on the project.

I do still have plenty of polished ones on hand, it'll just take a bit more on the black. Sorry about the inconvenience. (Although I will note it's by no means the first anno shop I've dealt with in may career that's closed down over the years. Sad to see, but it happens.)

Doc.
    Ouch! Then again this is what the republicans have been saying all along would happen.