Thread: the Booyah frame

the Booyah frame

$75 shipped

EDIT: Please read everything below before PMing me. I've gotten three PMs already from people who didn't realize the frame is not 100% functional.

So, I got this to tech recently, and then bought it, despite my better judgment (long story). But mostly I just wanted to fix it up and resell it. And then I realized I know way less about electronics than I think I did.

The Booyah frame does work, obviously. It powers up and fires. Plus, the wings have been removed, and the grips have been trimmed, so it's ready for an RT style rail. I had a buddy replace the capacitor, so that's good, and it has the propriety Booyah on/off assembly (almost two, in fact). Plus it has an extra frame screw. (If you want to use the trigger guard, use the frame screw you've already got. If you don't want to use the trigger guard, use this frame screw.)

But, there are some negatives. This is not for the faint of heart, or the uninitiated. Despite having the special Booyah on/off, I haven't been able to get this thing to fire a classic valve, or an RT. I can only get it to shoot an X-valve with a ULT on/off. And while it's nice to have the wings milled off, it's a little ugly as is. So maybe some anno is needed. And you will need to buy a special 9.6 rechargeable battery, and a battery charger. (Do not use standard 9v batteries. They will die within a few hundred shots.)

Oh, and there's something wonky going on with the electronics. Sometimes, for no apparent reason, I plug in the battery, and the board doesn't turn on. But if I touch the back of the circuit board with my finger, something connects, and everything lights up. So....I don't know. Like I said, this project really highlighted how little I know about electronics. It's probably just a loose wire or something, but I don't know enough to mess with it.

Let's see.....what else.....

Oh, if you add an ASA with screws that are too long, they will bump up against the board and/or battery. So keep in mind that you might need to get some new short screws. And the grips have been hollowed out a little more than normal, but despite that, the wires are so long and overlapping that the grips don't sit quite flush. If I knew more about electronics, I would actually rewire the whole thing to make everything inside fit better.

Like I said. This is not for the faint of heart. This frame really needs to go to someone who knows Automags and electronics. But if that's you, then I think you could have a really nice upgrade to a ULE mag, because this thing rips when it's set up right. :gunsfiring:

Name:  IMG_20170203_233347.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  23.0 KB

Name:  IMG_20170203_233357.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  38.0 KB

Name:  IMG_20170203_233408.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  29.0 KB

Name:  IMG_20170203_233412.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  28.4 KB

Name:  IMG_20170203_233419.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  17.0 KB
    Last edited by rawbutter; 03-01-2017 at 11:04 AM.

I will take it send me paypal info

Quote Originally Posted by chad326 View Post
    I will take it send me paypal info
    ^^ Chad ended up only taking the on/off assemblies, so the Booyah frame is still for sale. $60 shipped.

Still here. Now only $50 shipped.

Still have this. Bought a brand new 9.6v battery and charger for it, so the price is back up to $75 shipped to cover all that.

ill take it