Thread: Airflow and shoot down issues with weird small-diameter steel braid?

Airflow and shoot down issues with weird small-diameter steel braid?

Hey guys...

Seems like I am spending a lot of time here lately

So... I needed a 13 inch steel braid hose for the RT Classic build I have been working on... my local field didn't have it... so I had to order it online... first time I got the part it was 9 inches... so it wasn't long enough (other than not being the right length it was exactly what I needed and expected)... the replacement came in the mail today... and it was the right length... but it was MUCH smaller diameter than the 9 inch (and every other steel braid I have ever seen).

Here is a picture... the 9 inch standard diameter is on the right and the 13 inch is the one on the left...

Is it just me or is this going to cause air flow problems and potentially shoot down? I am planning on running 1100 pounds to this gun when it is done... so it will be ripping... but I am worried about it not recharging fast enough/starving the gun... this hose seems as small as a microline... not macro... MICRO!!

Has anyone gotten away with using this type of hose before? I have never seen anything like it... the threads are right but it is super narrow diameter...

Thanks and have a good evening.

M

You will have no problems running that line...
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

I would be more concerned about a connection with it like this one, where you might be able to dead end inside the elbow.

For CO2, it is a "feature", but not for HPA.

Thanks Tuna!

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    You will have no problems running that line...

Spider...

The hose is going from a 90 degree on the ASA to a quick disconnect female piece... and then a male quick disconnect to a 90 degree elbow into the rail.

So... I should be fine as long as I don't screw the hose too far into the 90 degree on the ASA...

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW View Post
    I would be more concerned about a connection with it like this one, where you might be able to dead end inside the elbow.

For CO2, it is a "feature", but not for HPA.