Thread: how to fix a Booyah frame

how to fix a Booyah frame

Alright, since it looks like no one is interested in buying my semi-working Booyah frame, I growing inclined to fix it myself and then ask a little more money for it. But since I have zero experience with electronics and soldering, I'm thinking that the easiest way to fix it is to swap out the board. I will lose some functionality that way (the LCD screen, for example), but at least the new board will work.

Based on my limited experience, it seems like Spyder boards should be a ready stand-in since they also use big clapper solenoids. So all I need to do is find a board that (a) is small/narrow enough to fit inside the frame and (b) has the appropriate plug-in spots for the micro-switch, solenoid, and battery. I know the buttons probably won't line up perfectly, but I should be able to drill new spots for those easily enough.

Is that it? Am I missing something obvious?

Oh, and what about eyes? Most Spyder boards I'm looking at have a spot to plug in eyes, which the Booyah frame doesn't have. If I buy one of those boards and simply don't plug anything into that spot, will the board still work?

Also, FYI, I'm trying to keep costs on the lower side of things....like less than $50. I've already sunk $75 into this thing, and I'm not keen on keeping it when it's all said and done, so I'd like to be able to pass it on at a reasonable price.

sell it as is. it will save you time money and cutting up a frame/drilling grips etc. chances are even if you list it at $125 working it will sit.

i do believe the board mounts are different.

Well, I've already tried to sell it as is, as low as $50, and there's been zero interest in the last two months. That's why I'm thinking it might sell better fixed, even if it's priced higher.

lol....I think the frame knows I'm talking about it. I removed the board tonight to take some measurements, and then when I put it back in, everything works perfectly. Weird.