View Poll Results: Which barrel design do you prefer?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Twist-lock Barrels

14 38.89%
  • Cocker Threaded Barrels

16 44.44%
  • Impossible to decide. They're both equally good.

6 16.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Twistlock vs. Cocker Threaded Barrels

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Nobody is perfect

AGD did it fine for the times, but resting on your laurels will get you passed by the people you just passed. There is always a want and a need to improve to tweak to change a design on better technology, on better math, on better research and even what the marketplace is wanting. 30 years, exposed hoses where acceptable, now they are ugly and passé.
    So exposed hoses is what put AGD behind the times in your book? Ugly and passé? Well that surely is a matter of opinion. Function over form for me...all day long. I would rather have my hoses exposed than have little crappy microlines running through the insides of my boringly milled electro that looks like every other swoopy spacegun, just waiting to leak. Never once had a problem with my stainless lines leaking. Macro and microlines? Nearly every time I play, I see someone fighting with theirs to keep them from leaking.

Doug is getting bonus balled this weekend.

Oh my....

Quote Originally Posted by JKR View Post
    So exposed hoses is what put AGD behind the times in your book? Ugly and passé? Well that surely is a matter of opinion. Function over form for me...all day long. I would rather have my hoses exposed than have little crappy microlines running through the insides of my boringly milled electro that looks like every other swoopy spacegun, just waiting to leak. Never once had a problem with my stainless lines leaking. Macro and microlines? Nearly every time I play, I see someone fighting with theirs to keep them from leaking.
    Lol, never said they were a problem, that they leaked, but passé, to a point yes. This is far from the OP, but sure, I'll take a bite.

Player maintenance and the inability to properly care for their equipment is not the question here. Yet was their a problem with the rotary phone? Was there a problem with corded phones? No, but technology said to take out the cord. But the market is saying it likes hoseless guns, that is what is selling, that is what the majority of players want. This means people buy them and AGD gets money to make more things. Heaven forbid that popularity shouldn't be a marketing ploy, that looks dictate what people will buy. Popularity was never AGD's calling card but it helps sell guns.

Wishing it won't make it happen. Holding out for a niche, you may be waiting a long time.
    I'm neither wishing nor trying to make anything happen. Paintball is going to take its own course; I'm just projecting into the future.

It's not going to be easy, and I suspect it will involve certain parties either dying of old age or otherwise having some health complication that takes them away from paintball, but I think it will happen.

I don't like mag fed gun. They are stupid. I laugh at the mil-sim wannabes when i see them on the field. I find it utterly moronic to see some play walk up with a pump then fire off 5 rounds autotriggering the hell out of a gun like a semi. These are the things i find moronic on the fields. Yet, it is not my place to say no to theme until i am made "King of All Things". I rather like to see all players on the field, more players on the field, regardless of what they are using. So if i like to show up to the field with a minimum 6 guns (classic mag, half block sniper, 2-3 Mags, 2-4 ICD guns, my Axe and my Ripper Resurrection) cause i don't know what the day will bring, who may need to borrow a gun or what the hell is working that day, or just what i want to use tbat day. Don't turn your nose up at me.

Anyway, ever hear of the term "Jack-of-all-trades, Master of none"? Though, your set works for you. You are happy with it. Nothing wrong with that. It in my eyes will fail. I give credit, in that the mag platform can and does lend itself to the modularity and youbare intimately familiar with it, yet this is no so far off the original question, albeit a fun diversion, from the question that this has no credence to that said question.
    OK, so we're totally off topic now...

The real advantage of magazine fed guns is essentially... the Warp Feed argument, but on a slightly smaller scale. That's it. I don't go in for dress-up or whatever. I just want the damn hopper off the top of the gun. That's how I've always looked at it.

I agree that it's moronic and borderline funny to see pumpers ATing their way across the field. It's slightly counter-intuitive, but a semi with trigger control is actually more paint efficient than a pump. If a target has a higher probability of elimination with a short, accurate 2-3 round burst (particularly a moving one), it's more efficient to have that at your disposal rather than miss and and then expend the paint trying to eliminate them in less optimal conditions. It's the old "it's better to have it and not need it than not have it and need it" adage.

So the amusing part is this "jack of all trades" argument. (I like to think of myself as a "jack of all tirades".)

I have noticed that people who own a large number of guns just... aren't that good with any of their guns. Dunno if that applies to you or not; just an anecdotal observation.

It's hard to expect someone to gain ... significant proficiency with their guns when they are constantly switching guns, or even constantly switching configurations.

The vast majority of my guns are configured extremely similarly. Even if it's not a mag, it's very mag-like.

So while I might force the gun to be a "master of all trades", the human component means I only have to learn to be good with one gun.

And I'm pretty sure the dominating factor in field performance is operator proficiency with a marker, not the specifics of the marker itself, i.e. it's worth the trade to "bring the marker to me" instead of "bringing me to the marker".
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
    (I like to think of myself as a "jack of all tirades".)

I saw what you did there....

Name:  IMG_3714.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  29.5 KB
    She can twist-lock my barrel anytime!

I was amused that the description on that ebay sale said - TK told me never to show this to anyone, but here ya go world...

A whole different era of advertisement. Now everything has to be PC

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    The target audience back then generally had a dick. Get them to think with their dicks, and get all their money.
    When trolls run scared. Mrs E, " Doug I will effin cut you!"

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    There's hope for CIS male scum like us yet. Say hello to Lucy.

Name:  IMG_3780.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  172.9 KB