Thread: New to emags and xmags

New to emags and xmags

Hey everyone,
    I'm looking into getting an x mag, my experiences are limited to emags, and a micro e 2000 once upon a time ago. I cannot find much literature regarding the x mag, an owner's manual, or breakdown would be a dream. Programming modes, etc. Is that available here on the forum, if it is and I didn't see it in the stickies: please provide a link and I'm grateful!!!
    Thank you!

Here's a place to gather some info. https://xmagworld.com/

There's a few for sale in the Forum here and on Ebay right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragu310 View Post
    Here's a place to gather some info. https://xmagworld.com/

There's a few for sale in the Forum here and on Ebay right now.
    Thanks much Ragu!

Upon reviewing the literature in xmagworld.com, there isn't much there for the newbie like myself...

the old AGD website had the manuals for them listed in a pdf format. i have not been on the new website enough to see if Tim carried them over. i would think that he did.

If Tim did, its very well hidden. No matter, the website Mole1119 sent is perfect. Thank you very much!

Welcome to the family!! I'm glad everyone was able to link you to old manual. I actually keep www.xmagworld.com going. It was to preserve what a few AOers put together many years ago. I'm starting to toy around with the idea of updating it.

Since it was very hard to find that manual I plan on adding it to the AO Archives. I have to rebuilt alot of my posts since all my pictures broke.

If you start going down the rabbit's hole with customizing these guys would be the people to talk to.
    XMag Gurus: Tunaman, BigEvil, Sandman
    Battery: Get the battery checked out.
    Programming: Get XMOD. It's awesome.
    Aftermarket Triggers: Tunaman
    XMag Breach Mods: Bigevil (You will want a clamping feedtube)
    Aluminum Grips: Luke's Custom

I decided to copy the content and build a PDF version. I'll provide an update as I move through the content and seek permission before publishing. I had the thought to add an update to include all the AGD software modes. If anyone has a list and the description, let me know.

Bunny - I am through section 11 O-Rings. As I was working I thought to send it your way for review and if you had ideas for updates as well. Let me know if you want give it a once over.

Edit - May have miss read your post, updating X-mag world not Manual. Either way let me know if want to give this a look when I am done.

Mole I will, im sure im going to need all the help i can get. An X mag for $610.00 off ebay will prob need restoration.
    Meet the new proud owner of XT0031! I will post pics when I get it all cleaned up. Anyone know how many times this thing has visited an anno shop? If its original anno I may keep it the same.

Bunny, thank you very much! How does one get Xmod? 11 or so years ago, (last time i was really into mags) 3.0 software was the latest if memory serves me right.....
    I think i may just use one of my old sanded down revvys if I need a speedball marker I will use my M2. I want this for the nice weekend trips to EMR like castle conquest this month. Quite a few Canadians come down with their x mags to every spring castle.

Quote Originally Posted by tippmannhunter8 View Post
    How does one get Xmod?.
    Send it to Tunaman. He'll take care of ya.

TUNAMAN is still around?! My buddy Jay i grew up with (Cerberus Innovations) knew him. **** now I KNOW I have a panic button Thanks OneSelfLost! I have coveted this marker since was a kid, ive had em all save for the sfl and the x. Is it wise to re anno one of these or are the tolerances too tight?

What I would kill for and Jay got from Tuna i believe years ago was a 60 degree or so asa, so the bottle pointed toward the valve. I sold it with my dallara back in 05

What I would kill for and Jay got from Tuna i believe years ago was a 60 degree or so asa, so the bottle pointed toward the valve. I sold it with my dallara back in 05
    Not sure what degree angle it is but Luke has them :

http://lukescustoms.com/sidekick.html

I have one on my Evo mag thats in the March mag of the month contest thread....

Just bought one thank you so much!!!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I just realized... this is a standard dovetail? (My cp on off will work?)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yes

So, I got my Xmag, lukes sidekick works perfectly! A couple of things, upon closer look at the marker. I dont believe this marker was anodized, judging by the little nicks and dings a 15 year old marker acquires over time the color of the bare aluminum and the finish are the same. I believe I have a polished aluminum X Mag, I got a car charger for it, but quickly rummaged out a 12v transformer and the right plug end. I dont know if its the 10 year hiatus from mags or whoever tuned the RT on this valve was brilliant!
    Question:
    Does anyone offer a quality freak bore service for the stock X Mag barrel?

there are a couple people that can freak bore barrels. it will be cheaper to just pick up a cocker freak back and it may or may not change the value of the marker if you ever decide to sell it. i picked up a brand new freak back last year for under $40.00 on ebay that i can use on mine.

If you are looking for a freak barrel, PM me. I have just what you are looking for.

So, I got my Xmag, lukes sidekick works perfectly! A couple of things, upon closer look at the marker. I dont believe this marker was anodized, judging by the little nicks and dings a 15 year old marker acquires over time the color of the bare aluminum and the finish are the same. I believe I have a polished aluminum X Mag, I got a car charger for it, but quickly rummaged out a 12v transformer and the right plug end. I dont know if its the 10 year hiatus from mags or whoever tuned the RT on this valve was brilliant!
    Question:
    Does anyone offer a quality freak bore service for the stock X Mag barrel?
    might have been a pieced together xmag , who knows

I never considered that... either way, I'm quite pleased. Nothing a little polishing compound and a terry cloth can fix.

If you guys can get that X-mag manual from the archived webpages compiled into a PDF file that would be awesome. Accessing the index.html original AGD website files has become somewhat of an issue. Neither Dave or I have direct access to those files. We pulled as many files as we could from the old site but that manual was all images and web pages rather than an actual document.
    You certainly have permission to rebuilt that manual into a pdf file. I would love you for it!
    AGD is in the house!
    Custom gun builds. All the parts. New Website. Factory Service available!
    www.airgundesigns.com

Found this the other day. Credit to whoever put it together.

Xmag Manual in PDF format.
    http://www.paint-supply.net/wp-conte...Mag-Manual.pdf