Thread: Is this an ULT leak?

Question Is this an ULT leak?

hi all,

I have a XValve, LV 10, ULT mag that's been working flawlessly for years.

It took a hit right next to the ULT in a recent game, so I took out the XValve, pulled out the ULT to clean out all the paint that has seeped in. After lubing and reassembling, it started getting a leak down the barrel. At first I thought it was a carrier leak, but pushing on the bolt did not change the sound and going one carrier size down did not help either. Then I noticed that I still get a leak, albeit quieter, after firing and holding the trigger.

Is this indicative of an ULT leak? And if so, should I go ahead and swap out one o-ring at a time on the ULT until the leak stops?

Thanks a bunch!

Edit, 04/04: In comment #4 I have identified the leak did not in fact come from the ULT. Closing this thread and opening another one more specific to the problem.
    Last edited by ideinit; 04-05-2017 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ideinit View Post
    hi all,

I have a XValve, LV 10, ULT mag that's been working flawlessly for years.

It took a hit right next to the ULT in a recent game, so I took out the XValve, pulled out the ULT to clean out all the paint that has seeped in. After lubing and reassembling, it started getting a leak down the barrel. At first I thought it was a carrier leak, but pushing on the bolt did not change the sound and going one carrier size down did not help either. Then I noticed that I still get a leak, albeit quieter, after firing and holding the trigger.

Is this indicative of an ULT leak? And if so, should I go ahead and swap out one o-ring at a time on the ULT until the leak stops?

Thanks a bunch!
    If it has been years, then yes...you should change the orings in the ULT.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    If it has been years, then yes...you should change the orings in the ULT.
    Unfortunately swapping out all the orings on the ULT did not fix the leak. In fact, I swap in another on/off and the leak persisted. So I now know that the leak is caused by another component.

Does holding the trigger back stop the bleed?

Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    Does holding the trigger back stop the bleed?
    Yes, the leak become quieter, but it's still there