Thread: Barrels, what do you like, why?

Barrels, what do you like, why?

In the market for a new barrel. Always used a freak just cause that's what happened to be on whichever gun I bought. Actually I used to have an armson stealth but that was a very long time ago and I honestly don't remember how it shot just that the heft of it felt like quality. Anyways kinda just wanting to get a feel for what's out there. The deadly wind stuff is quite intriguing but also seems like it would cause the gun to possible feel unbalanced. Mainly looking for 14" or shorter, don't really care if it's quite or not but also don't want it to be stupid loud either. Also cocker threads. What have you guys used abd found performs well. And what's with the straight rifling, is this a gimmick like the spiral rifled barrels or does this actually work?

Inception Designs Stella barrel, Freak back, Stump front, Apex adapter, Apex2 tip.

http://www.inceptiondesigns.com/Prod...la-Barrel-Back

http://www.inceptiondesigns.com/Prod...e=Stella-Shank

http://www.inceptiondesigns.com/Prod...de=SMB-0105-MB

I would buy sized barrel backs but they dont offer any between .685 and .690, paint in this area tends to be .687 or .689 .

I like one-piece overbores. My Deadly Wind Null works well. I also like old school one-piece Smart Parts All American barrels. I'm always on the lookout for a good condition all black 12" Autococker threaded one. I've also been thinking about trying one of the Custom Products Advantage one-piece barrels.

My opinion is don't waste money on barrel kits. The only one of four I've had over the years that I've kept is the iFit Kit. That's only to prevent rollouts in my Autococker, since it has the smallest inserts. I consider it a detent kit rather than a barrel kit.
    Last of the Salzburg Clan

I love my .687 Lapco barrels...both my twist lock and my Cocker threaded ones. Lapco makes great stuff and .687 seems to be a good size for the paint I get most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by nak81783 View Post
    ...I also like old school one-piece Smart Parts All American barrels. ....
    I always had great luck with these barrels as well. The shot to shot consistency was amazing, even for poor paint. It think it was due to the larger bore size.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

semi/ electro/ pump mag 2 piece 14" .688 ultralight or Ti UL

pump deadlywind 14" with freak inserts

Next on the list to try is the Stella.

What are the holes for in the Stella back? Also is the apex just like a flatline basically? Stella barrel does seem nice but I tend to just overbore so seems pricey but maybe just a back and front. Paint tends to run about the same size here as well although lately I've been getting some smaller stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabehcoud View Post
    What are the holes for in the Stella back? Also is the apex just like a flatline basically? Stella barrel does seem nice but I tend to just overbore so seems pricey but maybe just a back and front. Paint tends to run about the same size here as well although lately I've been getting some smaller stuff.
    Not quite sure unless its porting, that part does reach some of the porting in the front section.

Apex puts a backspin on the ball, depending on the paint it gives extra distance.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Not quite sure unless its porting, that part does reach some of the porting in the front section.

Apex puts a backspin on the ball, depending on the paint it gives extra distance.
    Ah ok. Well I think right now I'm between a deadly wind bull and an eigenbarrel. Anybody have thoughts on the eigenbarrel

What are the holes for in the Stella back?
    Porting and you can put allenkey trough if it's stuck tight and you need leverage. More in following video and its part two.

https://youtu.be/4YGojFjY97o

Lurker barrels are great. By far the best kit for the money. Might be the best regardless of money.

Ah ok. Well I think right now I'm between a deadly wind bull and an eigenbarrel. Anybody have thoughts on the eigenbarrel
    I've owned lots of barrels over the years. Most being made right now are quite good. Really get what you like the look of. The Stella is nice and has lots of configurations, the DW is light and quiet, dye and lapco are finished to a high degree. But by far my favorite is the eigenbarrel. They are inexpensive, very well crafted, light, quiet, and consistent. I have one on literally every marker I own with exception to my phantom. I like the range of Sizes offered and I'm a fan of the underbore so they naturally are a good choice for that. In the end they're all aluminum (or carbon fiber) tubes. Find one you like the looks and bore size(s).

Deadlywind with Freak inserts. Best barrel ever, IMHO. They are super light and can be adjusted to any bore you may need.

Well I ended up going with the eigen. Lighter than most barrel but more modular that a carbon fiber except the fiber x but longer control bore. Overall seemed like a perfect compromise between fibur and Stella