Thread: Inception feedneck on Deflator

Inception feedneck on Deflator

Just in case anyone was considering or wanted something with a clamp. They unfortunately came out after I got mine anodized. Pro installation tip, take the feedneck adapter off of the body and it it will drop right through the top, instead of trying to stretch the bottom around it like I did.

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    Thats what I did, though technically I used a quarter. But my adapter wasnt loc-tighted down so I took it off as to not damage the ano. Upon getting it open enough to get the feedneck on, the feedneck just went right through and I realized I could have just dropped the adapter in from the top. So if your adapter is already locked in, then definitely use the penny trick

I would advise that you dont loc-tite the neck ring in, you're asking for trouble if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I would advise that you dont loc-tite the neck ring in, you're asking for trouble if you do.
    I put a tiny drop on the threads, spread it out and was planning on letting it dry before I put it back on, just to give it a little extra grip without actually loc-tighting the threads together. Is this really going to be a problem, if so Ill just wipe the loc tite off

Might not be a problem if you let it dry first as long as it threads in without stripping. You can get it pretty tight without tools or loc-tite by installing the ring into the cup and just hand tightening as you mentioned above. If its tighter than what you can break loose with your hands it's probably too tight anyway. If the ring is loc-tited in and you try to wrench it out, you'll WILL bend it.

That said, why the extra effort with the ring when the lever locks dont really secure your hopper all that tight anyway?

With that, you could following Simon's peraonal recomendation using a Vibratite VC-3 product that helps stop it from vibrating out vlbut can be removed by hand/light wrench, is more recommened.