Thread: Cobrapaintball.com Anodizing Schemes

Post Cobrapaintball.com Anodizing Schemes

AO: For whatever reason, I went down the rabbit hole researching Cobra Paintball. I stumbled on a bunch of pictures tucked very far away. Luckily, the wayback machine was able to copy them in 2001. I'm not sure how much information is out about the anodizing patterns that they offered, but I thought it was pretty cool. Is this kind of information out there already? I was thinking about creating a reference guide to show how many anodizing options there were from the factory. I saw Cougar20th post a very nice example of a Cobrapaintball customized 98, but saw there was some doubt about the originality perhaps.

Are there any crazy cobrapaintball folks out there?? I noticed that Cobra dabbled in customizing automags and micromags so I figured we may have a few floating around here...

Check back here if this interests you. I was able to help our friends over @ PBN to identify a factory pattern.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4737433

With my research I was able to find a name for the finish and a picture of this...

Looks like the official name was called "Urban Camo Zebra Stripe"

Nice work with the wayback machine Mister Peabody !

Hopefully you guys can see the embedded picture gallery above. Testing out something new :-) I didn't really notice how many pictures I collected, but it was alot. Some were pretty tough to find... Some pictures were pretty much lost to time... Until I found old .swf files. Luckily, they contained some pictures and I was able download a flash decompiler to extract the pictures. Alot of websites in 2000-2002 used swfs and flash which the wayback machine doesn't really capture. Stay tuned for more updates!!

Tapatalk breaks it to code. But from the normal view in tapatalk you can select the post, select more-->web view, and then it'll work.

Good job Bunny!

passing this on to the angel guys on fb.

out of curiosity who did the brushed classic rt's that were done. i know some of these look pretty similar.

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post

out of curiosity who did the brushed classic rt's that were done. i know some of these look pretty similar.
    He posted this in the Angel forum on PBN.

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post

I believe that Airgun Design put together a few kits and sent them to PK Selective for anodizing. They sold them at the same time that the Nickel Kits came out. AGD had some really cool attic sales back in the day. Sure wish I had a job back then!! lol

Btw, once I make sense of all of the names I will compress the layouts into a jpg to share much easier.

....did anyone catch the Blue Marble Predator Autococker?? (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=208366) I didn't know that was a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I believe that Airgun Design put together a few kits and sent them to PK Selective for anodizing. They sold them at the same time that the Nickel Kits came out. AGD had some really cool attic sales back in the day. Sure wish I had a job back then!! lol

Btw, once I make sense of all of the names I will compress the layouts into a jpg to share much easier.

....did anyone catch the Blue Marble Predator Autococker?? (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=208366) I didn't know that was a thing.
    The post was in 2003. Hard to see pics

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    The post was in 2003. Hard to see pics
    That's the cool part. I was able to retrieve all of those pictures from the site.

From Pbnation thread...
    Go to www.cobrapaintball.com
    click ANODIZING
    click 3 COLOR
    scroll to the blue rectangle and a pic of the pred should pop right up. Youll know why ive waited to sell it!