Hey guys,

Finished a new build tonight

-RPG Pariah ULE Body with RPG detent and RPG subzero feed neck
    -RPG mini wave rail
    -RPG Triton body (grip frame) w/RPG Viper blade trigger
    -RPG foregrip
    -PE on off ASA (forget what kind)
    -Deadly winds 10 inch carbon fiber barrel
    -ULT on/off with like 17 shims and 950 PSI output pressure (it rips)

Still tuning a bit... it still does that weird sear pin sticking forward thing I posted in the tech forum about earlier this week... but it does it infrequently enough that I am taking it out this weekend.

Let me know what you think. Really proud of this one... my new favorite gun.

Oh, and shout out to stedspitcher for most of the parts (not the barrel, on/off, valve, asa).
    Last edited by Mondoatx; 04-27-2017 at 11:06 PM.

Sa-weet.

I don't know why, but I really love the addition of the black RT Pro valve instead of an x-valve. Just one more thing that makes it unique and special.

Wow that's a lot of shims

I was being silly... not really 17... I think 5 or 6...

Quote Originally Posted by rawbutter View Post
    Sa-weet.

I don't know why, but I really love the addition of the black RT Pro valve instead of an x-valve. Just one more thing that makes it unique and special.
    Thanks... I didn't plan that out... it was the valve that came with the RT Pro I bought over the summer...

Looks great! Post an action pic when you can!

Hey guys,

Been playing with this thing the last few weeks and the ROF is nuts (also super accurate... had 3 barrel shots in the last week)... I decided to put it on the BPS Chrono at the end of the night tonight...

I hit 23 BPS at 950 PSI input!! It is a beast!! I thought it was as fast as my Axe Pro (which is capped at 15 BPS).... but this thing is scary fast man!!

I also have a 1500 PSI output tank... which I don't use because 950 is totally enough... but I am going to try it this weekend and see how many BPS I can get out of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Mondoatx View Post
    Hey guys,

Been playing with this thing the last few weeks and the ROF is nuts (also super accurate... had 3 barrel shots in the last week)... I decided to put it on the BPS Chrono at the end of the night tonight...

I hit 23 BPS at 950 PSI input!! It is a beast!! I thought it was as fast as my Axe Pro (which is capped at 15 BPS).... but this thing is scary fast man!!

I also have a 1500 PSI output tank... which I don't use because 950 is totally enough... but I am going to try it this weekend and see how many BPS I can get out of it...
    You have the wrong air fittings to be running that kind of input pressure...be careful.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said. Those fittings are definitely not kosher for SHP input. People use them, but people do all sorts of things wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    You have the wrong air fittings to be running that kind of input pressure...be careful.
    Tuna,

Thanks for the feedback. I kind of figured 1500 psi was a but much/iffy for macroline...but am I also running the risk of bursted lines running 950?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mondoatx View Post
    Tuna,

Thanks for the feedback. I kind of figured 1500 psi was a but much/iffy for macroline...but am I also running the risk of bursted lines running 950?

Thanks.
    Yes you are. Those fittings are only rated to like 250. Use stainless steel braided . Everyone uses the macro but that doesnt make it any safer

Again, Tuna speaks the truth.

Check the specs on these, and you will see. Yours appear to be Norgren, but the Camozzis are the same.

The issue is enormously complex, but the short story is that, in the aftermarket, if you are dead-set on macro fittings and want to have real peace of mind, go with CCM. Their fittings are actually purpose-built for paintball, and are rated from the get-go to paintball pressures (again, assuming the tubing is rated properly).

A lot of the tubing currently sold on the aftermarket is nowhere near the rating it should have. If you see line that is flexible and easy to work with, steer wide. Lots of places advertise burst, vice working pressures. Properly rated line (what typically comes on factory markers) is very stiff, and not fun to work with. But it is the only stuff that should ever be used.

But bear in mind, this is just for normal input pressures.

You are talking about basically doubling the normal paintball input pressure. For that application, good old brass fittings and braided line are the only surefire way to do it safely.

Before I got into selling the Macro fittings I contacted Camozzi directly (Not one of their distributors) and had a lengthy conversation about the fittings. I was very concerned about the rating these were listed at, and Tuna is dead on these are rated at 250 psi. However that comes with an explanation, this is an exact quote, his words not mine:

"these are made for automated shops using standard “shop air” pressures from 90-120psi. Because of this, most companies certify the fittings to around double what they expect to see in standard automation applications. We have many customers in paintball, misting and greasing applications that use our fittings. The weakest link on any fitting is going to be the collet connection with the tubing and due to our one-piece collet design, ours always test higher in pressure pull tests than our competitors. These fittings are tested well above 2500psi and the major concern then becomes the tubing which I have only ever seen rated to a max of 1300 psi (high pressure tubing).
    I can not speak to other companies, but Camozzi is aware that their fittings are being used in paintball applications and actually support that effort. That said at 1500 psi you are flirting with danger.

^^^^

This unpacks a good bit of the complexities mentioned above.

Some of the cammozzi's are rated higher but boy are they a biotch to unhook the line...

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    Some of the cammozzi's are rated higher but boy are they a biotch to unhook the line...
    LOL, indeed they are hard to unhook!