Thread: macro fittings

macro fittings

ccm air fittings or the ones from lukes with the built in sealer?... im building a classic minimag.. i honestly kind of like the ones from lukes for $7 each. The ccms are only a few bucks more... is there any reason not to go CCM?
    Matthew 10:34

I like the Azodin fittings but they aren't cheap.

That's what I have on my Evo.

http://store.azodin.com/index.php?ro...product_id=190

Last edited by going_home; 04-30-2017 at 10:00 PM.

personal preference, go with what you want.

I like CCM fittings and have them on several guns. I personally never had a problem with leaking but I know others have.

If you do go with CCM fitting what I do is use a sharp razor blade and cut the line off as square as possible. I don't sand the end or do anything else other than put them in the fitting with a little oil on the end the first time I install them.
    The user formally known as Lancecst.

I just ordered a couple of Azodin ones, and they're getting shipped from Taiwan. For free. Fancy that.

I paid shipping for the last ones I bought.

Almost makes me want to buy some more.....

And they got here today.

Then numbskull me decides to throw them on. In my excitement, I overtightened the one on my AGD ASA... and sheared off the threads from the rest of the nubbin. Now I have no idea how to get these threads out of the ASA without damaging it.

Quote Originally Posted by zulubravo44 View Post
    And they got here today.

Then numbskull me decides to throw them on. In my excitement, I overtightened the one on my AGD ASA... and sheared off the threads from the rest of the nubbin. Now I have no idea how to get these threads out of the ASA without damaging it.
    Sounds fishy, you should have stripped the hex key long before snapping the bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Sounds fishy, you should have stripped the hex key long before snapping the bolt.
    It's not the bolt that snapped. It's the threaded gas hole (male part) with a little neck on it that you use the wrench on. Then the machine screw threads into it to hold the colored 90° part onto it.

Did some progressively increased bits on a drill to get the male bits out, but now I'm not sure if my threads are intact on the ASA.

Edit: and it's fixed. The threads on the ASA are still intact enough to get a solid seal. I was just really timid tightening it down too much.
    Last edited by zulubravo44; 05-05-2017 at 04:43 PM.

Can you post a picture of the individual parts?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Can you post a picture of the individual parts?
    Azodin:

CCM:

Did it break here?
    Name:  broke where.JPG
Views: 76
Size:  32.1 KB

I'm curious to see the broke piece.

i got the ones from luke in today.. i was sold on the built in sealer.. they feel high quality

Yeah, it broke right there. Sheared under the o-ring. I'll try to take a picture in a day or two. The wall under the o-ring is pretty thin.

Yeah, it broke right there. Sheared under the o-ring. I'll try to take a picture in a day or two. The wall under the o-ring is pretty thin.
    Go down to the autoparts store, whether AutoZone, Advanced Auto, O'Reilly, whatever. Take that piece with you for a visual & for the size you may need. Ask for an EZ-out. If you are lucky, you could borrow one, unlucky you have to by them. Get a bottle of PB-Blaster, for some lube.

If you are lucky, it should come right out, if not. You may get pieces and chips coming out. I would advise getting a tap for the ASA threads to chase them if they are damaged.

He already fixed it, you didn't read the whole thread.

Did some progressively increased bits on a drill to get the male bits out, but now I'm not sure if my threads are intact on the ASA.

Edit: and it's fixed. The threads on the ASA are still intact enough to get a solid seal. I was just really timid tightening it down too much.