Thread: Doc's mag to cocker adapter + lvl 10 bolt?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Doc's mag to cocker adapter + lvl 10 bolt?

Hi All,

I just bought the barrel adapter and my x valve bolt is sticking in it. Is there a way to get these to work together? Can I sand my bolt down? If so, what is the best technique?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Did you contact Doc?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Did you contact Doc?
    Yes, on ebay twice. No reply

That's really weird. L10 bolt nose swell should be nowhere near Doc's adapter ID.

Definitely see if you can raise him, and definitely don't go modding the bolt when you can get it sorted out from the right end of things.

Then again, do you have calipers? Just out of curiosity, what are the dimensions of each?

You're better off emailing him directly at doc@docsmachine.com you have about a 50-50 chance he'll respond (lol) in my experience he wont answer PM's here so it could be the same thing on ebay.

Lube. Just needed the bolt/ spring cleaned and lubed. Works like a charm now.

Don't lube the bolt spring. The lube will transfer to the balls and then barrel. It will affect your consistency and accuracy. The bolt needs to work without any lube on the bolt or spring. Something is probably really close and slightly rubbing.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    Don't lube the bolt spring. The lube will transfer to the balls and then barrel. It will affect your consistency and accuracy. The bolt needs to work without any lube on the bolt or spring. Something is probably really close and slightly rubbing.
    I've always lightly oil the bolts and never had a problem. Were talking one or two drops then wiped across the whole surface, I think it's to much friction to ignore.

i prefer to oil the outside of my bolts just to keep the springs from turning.

NEVER oil the outside of the bolt or spring. They will never wear out do to friction. They WILL hang up and the spring will break if you lube them.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Quote Originally Posted by wjesse View Post
    Hi All,

I just bought the barrel adapter and my x valve bolt is sticking in it. Is there a way to get these to work together? Can I sand my bolt down? If so, what is the best technique?

Thanks

Try 0 lvl10 shims and the smallest spring. That's my twist lock go-to set up. I suspect the bolt is hanging up on the detents. If this doesn't work and there are two, try using only one and see what happens.