Thread: Emag LVL 7 firing problem

Emag LVL 7 firing problem

I've done a fair amount of research on this and think I've narrowed down the problem, however I can't seem to get it fixed.

I have an Emag with the LVL 7 bolt. When I air it up, it airs up without leaks and everything is fine. I go to pull the trigger (both on mech and E mode) and the gun goes off firing full auto (at about 30 bps) until I turn the air off again.

To give a little back story - I recently bought the gun. It has been shooting fine. I went out to my field to finally play with it this past weekend and when I was doing some shooting on the chrono, the bolt started sticking and blowing air down the barrel. I then remove the valve body to inspect it, it all seems fine and I reassemble. Ever since that point, it has been doing this full auto business.

Everything I have researched has said it's the sear pin length or the on/off. I have adjusted the sear pin in about every way imaginable to no avail. There are no shims on my on/off.

I'm curious as to how it was working fine and then all of the sudden it went out of whack?

Can you guys help me out with this?

Either you:
    1- broke the on/off pin-measure it to .712
    2-left out the quad oring
    3-chipped the sear
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Thanks for the quick reply.

I think I might be missing one of my top quad o'rings (the little one) after looking at an exploded diagram. Though I'm uncertain as to how it fell out.

Now to figure out where to purchase one...

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by warriorsloan View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply.

I think I might be missing one of my top quad o'rings (the little one) after looking at an exploded diagram. Though I'm uncertain as to how it fell out.

Now to figure out where to purchase one...
    i know a guy who likes tuna fish that has lots of automag parts...

I ordered a LVL X parts kit and an additional on/off o-ring pack from AGD's website. I figured it wouldn't hurt to have some spare parts for these antique guns.

Hopefully that cure's the problem!

Quote Originally Posted by warriorsloan View Post
    I ordered a LVL X parts kit and an additional on/off o-ring pack from AGD's website.
    I hope Quad rings? They're the ones you want for e/x-mag on/off.

Yeah,

The Emags like a quad/x-ring for maximum happiness, vice the traditional o-ring. It's black.

If one isn't in the kit, hit up Tuna here or check out his website:

http://www.tunamart.com/index.php?c=42&p=195

Correct - I ordered the wrong thing.

I was looking at the exploded diagram and saw that I was missing one of the tiny O-rings on top of the on/off.

I sent AGD an email requesting the change to my order - but not a big deal if they don't catch it in time. I'll order them from Tuna.

Thank you for all of the help!

Got the quad O-rings in the mail today.
    Sure enough after installing the one on top the gun shoots great again.

Thanks for all of the help!