Thread: Automag RT

Automag RT

I am considering selling my automagRT that I have had since 97. It is fully complete (forgrip and sight rail) except for the trigger frame. Has a new Level10 kit, the newer reg piston, new sear, fresh rebuild, 12" Dye UL barrel. I am just not sure what it may be worth.

I sold this one (Level 7, missing original hardline, Benchmark double trigger frame) for a friend relatively quickly for $210 shipped and PayPaled without the barrel, tank, or hopper.

Here is another one currently for sale: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...lassic-rt.html
    Last edited by nak81783; 07-15-2017 at 08:09 PM.
    Last of the Salzburg Clan

I avoid brown as much as I can. If I could clear 2 I'd be real tempted to sell it. Sadly I want to sell my wife's old mag but she won't let me. So my long standing steed is getting close to the auction block.

Post some pics. Always helps with appraisal.

Here it is before selling the Y and flatline off of it. It's well used but also well taken care of. Minimal scratches. I just quit using it after my shoulder injury caught up to me with it's weight.

Honestly it will be hard for me to part with. But currently I have 2 markers with no use at all and I'm not allowed to sell the other.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Does it have any trigger frame on it? Is the feed neck cut?

Quote Originally Posted by nak81783 View Post
    Does it have any trigger frame on it? Is the feed neck cut?
    Fully complete EXCEPT for trigger frame. It's not had a trigger frame on it in a year and a half. I've not been willing to put money in it since using it isn't in my best interest. That and I keep hoping the wife would let me part her old mag in which case I'd put the trigger frame from it on this one. Feed neck was trimmed years ago. And grrrr. Just realised the pictures I attached won't enlarge.
    Last edited by blackdeath1k; 05-24-2017 at 07:47 PM.

Ok. I wasn't sure if you meant complete or original, as in maybe you had put some other non-OEM trigger frame on it. It's probably going to be a stretch to net $200 with a cut feed neck and no trigger frame. Parting would be challenging as well due to incompatibility of the parts.

Ok. I wasn't sure if you meant complete or original, as in maybe you had put some other non-OEM trigger frame on it. It's probably going to be a stretch to net $200 with a cut feed neck and no trigger frame. Parting would be challenging as well due to incompatibility of the parts.
    In that case it can rot in a corner for all eternity. Thanks for the expedited reply though. Maybe one day I am aloud to part the wife's old minimag RT and make this one whole again. But currently "NO! That's my first gun."

Just one man's opinion. Others may see it different. But if $200 net is your bottom, figure out PayPal and USPS flat rate shipping, and post it for that firm. Ignore anything but asking price, and "bump, still firm" it every two weeks or so. Someone might be looking for it eventually. Might as well have it for sale while it rots. Think of all the awesome Automag stuff out there (including the Titanium valves) that would get snatched up in a heartbeat, if everyone posted their old stuff they'll never use again.

Just one man's opinion. Others may see it different. But if $200 net is your bottom, figure out PayPal and USPS flat rate shipping, and post it for that firm. Ignore anything but asking price, and "bump, still firm" it every two weeks or so. Someone might be looking for it eventually. Might as well have it for sale while it rots. Think of all the awesome Automag stuff out there (including the Titanium valves) that would get snatched up in a heartbeat, if everyone posted their old stuff they'll never use again.
    True. Hard thing is really pulling the trigger on selling this one. There is some sentimental value to it since I've owned and used it since the late 90s.

I be interested if you could pm me some pic and a price

Quote Originally Posted by Reddkyle View Post
    I be interested if you could pm me some pic and a price
    I can dig the gun case out tonight that it is in and take better pix of everything.

Sorry I forgot to get these when I got home.

I do have a 12" dye ultralite barrel that went with this gun. Just forgot to get pictures of it. Same condition as the items above.

gee wiz , for what 20$ you can resurrect this baby ( carbon fiber frame ) & keep it ,,,, especially if you love it

Pmed

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmechanic View Post
    gee wiz , for what 20$ you can resurrect this baby ( carbon fiber frame ) & keep it ,,,, especially if you love it
    It's more a sentimental deal due to how long I have owned it.

Btw PM sent.

PM'd you if you change your mind

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMag527 View Post
    PM'd you if you change your mind
    Not selling it for that price or even close to it so chose not to respond. Guess I should have responded with a no thanks but was busy at the time and forgot to do a follow up.
    Last edited by blackdeath1k; 06-10-2017 at 03:30 PM.