Thread: Video: Tom Kaye interview at Nashville Masters 1994

Video: Tom Kaye interview at Nashville Masters 1994

Hey guys, I just found a great interview that Classic Paintball uploaded to their Youtube channel. It is Tom Kaye at the Nashville Masters in 1994.

Please subscribe to their channel to support their content!!!

Cool

I'd like to see those test videos Tom was talking about.

Tom is the man from Atlantis.

So much treasure of knowledge, and so much seemingly lost.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I'd like to see those test videos Tom was talking about.
    Check out the "Official Data Thread" I believe these pictures came from that experiment.

I'm assuming the videos are someone stored away in the vault. On VHS.

national treasure
    Matthew 10:34

the disappointment in his voice when he is talking about how shallow the rabbit hole is for paintball is so real. the fundamental physics of shooting a light weight, relatively large round ball, are just so limiting. at the same time, if you change those physics, you've actually just invented a new game more or less.

I found myself in the same place regarding paintball after most of what we did with punkworks. the rabbit hole is just not that deep, and being smarter technically than your opponent doesn't really gain you any advantage. and being smarter than your competition in the business of paintball doesn't matter that much either.

thats why my technical efforts in paintball really came to a close. i enjoy the game as it is, and advocate for the only advantage there actually is in paintball: good paint. meanwhile my technical efforts go to the skill and engineering of race cars and race car setup. something where being smarter than you opponent does matter.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 06-05-2017 at 06:08 PM.
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"