Thread: Wheel Guns Anyone ?

Wheel Guns Anyone ?

Why?
    I will stick with my lever gun

So Allan, you got a job putting up advertising for them or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    So Allan, you got a job putting up advertising for them or something?

Haha.

I'm a fan of their handguns.

But the big frame revolver is a new line I find interesting.

I dont do wheel guns but they are interesting nonetheless.

If and when I finally buy a handgun I've always liked revolvers. Although I do not want the big joker style revolvers.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...VylLVcuBIqGaWQ

I have a ruger new vaquero in 45 colt and I want to pick up a double action in the same caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    If and when I finally buy a handgun I've always liked revolvers. Although I do not want the big joker style revolvers.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...VylLVcuBIqGaWQ
    Link doesnt work for me....

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    I have a ruger new vaquero in 45 colt and I want to pick up a double action in the same caliber.
    My cousin loves those cowboy guns and holsters.

Personally I dont see the draw, but thats just me.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    My cousin loves those cowboy guns and holsters.

Personally I dont see the draw, but thats just me.
    You sly dog.

I went back to revolvers for concealed carry after my latest experience with a Ruger LCP II. The gun was just so light that it made it almost impossible to not bring along for anything, but that also made it a tough gun to shoot with any kind of accuracy. Combine that with a bunch of Failure to Ejects and I was out! Have a Ruger LCR now, will gladly take the -1 round in favor of 100% reliability and 2-3" groups at a reasonable distance - love this gun!
    Steve Shuey , Team Crimson Reign

Quote Originally Posted by AGDRetro View Post
    I went back to revolvers for concealed carry after my latest experience with a Ruger LCP II. The gun was just so light that it made it almost impossible to not bring along for anything, but that also made it a tough gun to shoot with any kind of accuracy. Combine that with a bunch of Failure to Ejects and I was out! Have a Ruger LCR now, will gladly take the -1 round in favor of 100% reliability and 2-3" groups at a reasonable distance - love this gun!
    Gotta use what works for you. I truly think the great majority of guns shoot better than their user, but you have to find what suits you. I kinda went the other way -- Taurus 2" .357 to Glock 23 to Kahr CW380. I take it everywhere that's legal, and it shoots better for me than the previous two. I've got a Ruger 1911 if I'm out in the woods.
    Last of the Salzburg Clan

Quote Originally Posted by nak81783 View Post
    Gotta use what works for you. I truly think the great majority of guns shoot better than their user, but you have to find what suits you. I kinda went the other way -- Taurus 2" .357 to Glock 23 to Kahr CW380. I take it everywhere that's legal, and it shoots better for me than the previous two. I've got a Ruger 1911 if I'm out in the woods.
    Oh I will almost always assume that I am at fault versus the gun, but it was the ejection failures that killed it for me. Didn't matter what ammo I used or how clean I kept the gun - that problem kept rearing it's ugly head! I would have loved to have kept that as my primary carry (so small & light!) but I just didn't trust it. Never had an ejection issue with my SR9c and that shoots lasers by comparison, but that gun is a good bit bigger. The LCR is just so perfectly idiot proof & reliable, it was hard to pass up.

Oh I will almost always assume that I am at fault versus the gun, but it was the ejection failures that killed it for me. Didn't matter what ammo I used or how clean I kept the gun - that problem kept rearing it's ugly head! I would have loved to have kept that as my primary carry (so small & light!) but I just didn't trust it. Never had an ejection issue with my SR9c and that shoots lasers by comparison, but that gun is a good bit bigger. The LCR is just so perfectly idiot proof & reliable, it was hard to pass up.
    Just curious on the LCP II. Small semi-autos usually need 100-200 rounds to break in, and they need the recoil spring(s) replaced every 1000-2000 rounds. If you bought new, did you put 200 rounds through it? If you bought used, did you replace the unknown shot count recoil spring(s) and put 200 rounds on the new recoil spring(s)? Sounds like you like your Rugers, as you should. As do I. In addition to my Ruger 1911, I have a Mark III 22/45, and my dad just traded one of our old shotguns for an M77 in 30-06 that I'm excited to shoot. Rugers are great quality for the price, and if there is a problem, they fix it free and fast.

Anyway, my Kahr CW380 didn't like the first 200 rounds of Fiocchi and Sellier & Bellot, but it shot Hornday Critical Defense just fine. Since then, it's clear it only likes USA-made ammo, PMC, Armscor, and Prvi Partisan brass ammo. It doesn't shoot any other European brass ammo well. I don't shoot steel case, but I suspect it wouldn't like it. It's odd it shoots Prvi Partisan but not Fiocchi, S&B, Maxxtech, GECO, etc. Curious if there are slight differences between US .380 Auto/ACP and European 9x17, Kurz, Corto.

Quote Originally Posted by nak81783 View Post
    Just curious on the LCP II. Small semi-autos usually need 100-200 rounds to break in, and they need the recoil spring(s) replaced every 1000-2000 rounds. If you bought new, did you put 200 rounds through it? If you bought used, did you replace the unknown shot count recoil spring(s) and put 200 rounds on the new recoil spring(s)? Sounds like you like your Rugers, as you should. As do I. In addition to my Ruger 1911, I have a Mark III 22/45, and my dad just traded one of our old shotguns for an M77 in 30-06 that I'm excited to shoot. Rugers are great quality for the price, and if there is a problem, they fix it free and fast.

Anyway, my Kahr CW380 didn't like the first 200 rounds of Fiocchi and Sellier & Bellot, but it shot Hornday Critical Defense just fine. Since then, it's clear it only likes USA-made ammo, PMC, Armscor, and Prvi Partisan brass ammo. It doesn't shoot any other European brass ammo well. I don't shoot steel case, but I suspect it wouldn't like it. It's odd it shoots Prvi Partisan but not Fiocchi, S&B, Maxxtech, GECO, etc. Curious if there are slight differences between US .380 Auto/ACP and European 9x17, Kurz, Corto.
    I had maybe 300 rounds thru that gun (the LCP) and just ditched it a month ago. Maybe it had issues that Ruger could have fixed, but I'm pretty sure they couldn't fix my inability to hit jack squat with it - that I'm sure was all me baby! Ammo was mostly Blazer & American Eagle.

but I'm pretty sure they couldn't fix my inability to hit jack squat with it - that I'm sure was all me baby!
    Ah, yes. There is that bit.

The smaller Ruger 9's have a terrible long and heavy trigger pull .

S&W Bodyguard, same problem.

It's an inherent problem with those, if you want any distance, better get a different weapon.

Kahr PM9 however is the bomb.