Thread: RT Classic vs RT Pro Sear

RT Classic vs RT Pro Sear

I just picked up my first RT Classic and I am looking to replace parts. I was looking to pick up a new sear for it and saw there was a different part number than the RT Pro sear on the website. What are the major differences between the two?
    Also, what are the two set screws on the tail end of the rail? If I was to get the rail ULEd is there anything I should be aware of or specific areas to avoid cutting into to avoid any issues as far as air running through the rail? Thanks in advance.

The trigger rods are different lengths, not sure to what degree though. I would also like to know what the set screws at the back of the rail are for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am pretty sure that those set screws were where they drilled the rails for the air passages. You cant ULE Mill these rails and the sears are the same.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    I am pretty sure that those set screws were where they drilled the rails for the air passages. You cant ULE Mill these rails and the sears are the same.
    Now I'm a little confused because I asked this same question to Sandman at AGD and he told me this- "ULE RT are 1.980 and classic length is 1.935
    That is measured installed from the back of the sear to the tip of the rod."

Quote Originally Posted by awo702 View Post
    Now I'm a little confused because I asked this same question to Sandman at AGD and he told me this- "ULE RT are 1.980 and classic length is 1.935
    That is measured installed from the back of the sear to the tip of the rod."

You can probably use the same sear, but you just need to adjust the length depending on which marker it is in.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by audioSLAVE View Post
    I just picked up my first RT Classic and I am looking to replace parts. I was looking to pick up a new sear for it and saw there was a different part number than the RT Pro sear on the website. What are the major differences between the two?
    Also, what are the two set screws on the tail end of the rail? If I was to get the rail ULEd is there anything I should be aware of or specific areas to avoid cutting into to avoid any issues as far as air running through the rail? Thanks in advance.
    the rt classic sears had a bearing where the sear pin went, and had carbide inserts where the sear contacted the on/off pin and bolt. while hard-wearing, the carbide was more brittle as a result. i've replaced a lot of rt classic sears that were chipped. if your rt classic needs a new sear, you can use the rt pro sear without issue. i have not noticed any issues with the rod length, but you would have to determine this based on the frame you are using. it's no big deal to adjust it if needed.

tunaman already covered the rail. you should be able to mill the front of the rail leaving the rear (with the air passages) alone, but that would have to be worked out with luke (or whoever you have milling the rail i guess). basically, anything around and behind the banjo bolt hole in the rail would be off-limits, but anything to the front of that would be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    the rt classic sears had a bearing where the sear pin went, and had carbide inserts where the sear contacted the on/off pin and bolt. while hard-wearing, the carbide was more brittle as a result. i've replaced a lot of rt classic sears that were chipped. if your rt classic needs a new sear, you can use the rt pro sear without issue. i have not noticed any issues with the rod length, but you would have to determine this based on the frame you are using. it's no big deal to adjust it if needed.

tunaman already covered the rail. you should be able to mill the front of the rail leaving the rear (with the air passages) alone, but that would have to be worked out with luke (or whoever you have milling the rail i guess). basically, anything around and behind the banjo bolt hole in the rail would be off-limits, but anything to the front of that would be ok.
    Thanks, I appreciate the insight. The current sear seems to be on the brittle side and really sharp, bolt looks a little chewed up as well, assuming from the sear.

Quote Originally Posted by audioSLAVE View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate the insight. The current sear seems to be on the brittle side and really sharp, bolt looks a little chewed up as well, assuming from the sear.
    Change the bolt and sear as a pair. You will thank me later.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    Change the bolt and sear as a pair. You will thank me later.
    That's the plan, it's a level 7 and will be upgrading to level 10.