Thread: Hardline exp/project

Hardline exp/project

Name:  IMG_0119.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  92.1 KBName:  IMG_0120.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  132.8 KB

Looks good, but care to add some notes, comments, explanation, background, walk-through, how-to, etc.?

Sure, no problem. The standard braided hoses always bug me, I like the foregrip to be free of any hose, shrink wrapped or not. The two part hose thing using the grip isn't my thing either so I started looking into hard line. I first thought I might come straight out off the valve to a 100 degree bend or so then notch the grip so the line rides the grip to another 100 or so degree bend to the asa. This seemed like a little much, I still might try as I have 6'. It would kind of look like a "z". I used aluminum tubing from Gamut supply and a little hand bender from harbor freight. The tubing is rated for like 4000+ psi, it has the thicker wall. I bend pipe all the time as I am an electrician and just bent it like I would a 1/2" or whatever. I started off with a 12" peice so I could cut it down as needed at the end. I started off with a 90 degree bend then I gave that a little kick in towards the grip frame. Then I needed an offset to get it away from the grip but then I noticed I would not line up with the fitting as it sticks out away from the gun so before I did the offset I sighted the fitting to the tubing and put a dot with a marker. This allowed me to put the tubing in the bender and bend with the dot centered in the shoe, this is now the angle the offset will be coming away from the gun aka rolled offset. The offset is a 45 degree so for that you just take your demension and times it by 1.4, then you put those marks on the tubing and bend 45 at one then roll the tube 180 and bend 45 at the other. The fittings are stainless swagelok fittings. After I had it all where I wanted it to be I just hit with some 0000 or 000 steel wool. Also this line had to be removable so I put the QD on there, I got a very nice AGD made one from Tim at AGD, its stainless.

Interesting.