Thread: Stiffi breech stuck in ULE body

Stiffi breech stuck in ULE body

Started paintballing again after 12 years. Pulled the mag out of the closet and found I had a Stiffi breech stuck in the body. Any ideas on how to get this thing out of a ULE body? Preferably without damaging or destroying anything.

Use boiling water. Boil water and with gloves (heat resistant nor just covering) pour the boiling water onto the body (taken apart as far as it can be), in the breech area. The more water you use, the more heat can be transferred into the body. The heat will expand the body and help loosen up the threads so you could twist it out.

I second the heat. To get my hammerhead fins out I wrapped a highlighter with electrical tape flipped sticky side out to get a good trip inside the fin.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

You guys are awesome! The boiling water worked. It was stuck in there good. Required two pots. Any tips to avoid future stuckage? Maybe not crank it on so tight.

Greatly appreciate it.

Make sure threads are clean, no burrs or scars. Don't leave the barrel in for years. And yes, barrel should be snugged tight, not torqued down.

I use some lithium grease that came with the hammerhead kit on all my barrels. A little insurance for the threads

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks, guys. Appreciate the help.

It's always a good idea to use anti seize on the screws you dont remove often, it would be fine on the barrel threads too.

Name:  anti sieze.JPG
Views: 61
Size:  32.4 KB

If any grit gets in there or if there are wear points that cause exposed aluminum to contact each other, then there is the probability of seizing as corrosion expands in the area. Sometimes, just putting a cool tight fitting barrel into a warmer body can cause a tight situation when the temperatures normalize. Combine this with a bit of grit or corrosion and you have a hard to remove screw thread. We buy containers full of anti-seize lubricant at my work just because of that. Every threaded device gets a tiny bit. Of course, your entire body gets a tiny bit too. It seems to get into everything.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.