Thread: anyone seen anything like this before

anyone seen anything like this before

Definitely a contraption.

Too bad the other side showing how it's plumbed isn't shown.....

No, that is a fairly modern thing. Looks homemade, not store bought.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    No, that is a fairly modern thing. Looks homemade, not store bought.
    So what makes it modern ? looks as old as the marker to me

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Definitely a contraption.

Too bad the other side showing how it's plumbed isn't shown.....
    You can see the fitting and the hardline at the top of it, in a similar position to a standard vertical adaptor. I think it's kind of neat but probably a one-off, custom thing created a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmechanic View Post
    So what makes it modern ? looks as old as the marker to me
    25 years ago, you didn't nor wouldn't run a co2 tank perpendicular to the gun. That is the antithesis of standard/common practice, which was either long drop forwards or remote lines, keeping the liquid out of the valve. Add in the near perfect tank placement, under the frame without extra space. I don't know the size of the tank pictured but its hard to say that a 20oz tank is the same width as it.

Also, spray paint, unsealed on a peice of metal qill show signs of chipping/wear, especially if it was not cleaned properly before spray painted. 2 or 3 years and it will look as old as 20 years, through normal play.

Plus, going off my memory of what was around in the late 90s and nothing comes close to looking like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    25 years ago, you didn't nor wouldn't run a co2 tank perpendicular to the gun.
    All my anti-siphon tanks on my mags in that era worked just great with the tank mounted horizontal.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody View Post
    25 years ago, you didn't nor wouldn't run a co2 tank perpendicular to the gun. That is the antithesis of standard/common practice, which was either long drop forwards or remote lines, keeping the liquid out of the valve. Add in the near perfect tank placement, under the frame without extra space. I don't know the size of the tank pictured but its hard to say that a 20oz tank is the same width as it.

Also, spray paint, unsealed on a peice of metal qill show signs of chipping/wear, especially if it was not cleaned properly before spray painted. 2 or 3 years and it will look as old as 20 years, through normal play.

Plus, going off my memory of what was around in the late 90s and nothing comes close to looking like this.
    bs

On my classic WGP Ranger pump gun and my Automag in the early 90s I ran them horizontal in what came to later be Hawaiian style...no major hoses or anything. Never had freezing issues.

Not mine but like this:

I typically used an "L" stock on the back and anything from a 3.5oz tank to a 7oz.
    Last edited by wetwrks; 06-27-2017 at 11:36 AM.