Thread: AC to AGD Frame Conversion

AC to AGD Frame Conversion

Hello My fellow AO'ers

In the process of obtaining a "System X Autococker Swing Frame" that I believe to be the frame for my RT PRO project. At a glance I figures that the frame need to be hollowed out a little bit on the inside. So, the question lies. A) can it be done, and more importantly. B) Recommendations on who can do it.

Thanks for the assist....

Are you doing a rail-less build?
    That frame has been used for rail-less builds before, but I can't remember seeing any used with a rail. I'd think it's a bit too tall if you're planning to still use a rail. I thinknit would make the geometry challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by bowcycle View Post
    Are you doing a rail-less build?
    That frame has been used for rail-less builds before, but I can't remember seeing any used with a rail. I'd think it's a bit too tall if you're planning to still use a rail. I thinknit would make the geometry challenging.
    Actually, it was Eclipse swing frames but i am sure someone has used other frames as well.

I have toyed with converting a Inception Designs swing frame for mag use, but i haven't had the time to even mock up one.

But to a point, as long as you have enough clearence for the sear arm to move and enough travel in the trigger to accuate said sear arm, it should be fine.

It can be done. The mounting holes on Autococker frames are very similar to AGD frames, so that's easy at least. (I think that the front hole has to be expanded a tad, but I could be wrong about that.) You will need to widen the inside of the frame a little for the sear to move freely, and you'll have to drill a hole in the front top for the twist lock assembly (if you're using one). Also, I doubt you'll ever be able to switch the frame back from Automag to Autococker after you're done, if you care about that. Just keep it in mind. Oh, and the trigger rod isn't long enough as-is. You'll have to back that out a little so it can actually reach the trigger. You might have to modify the safety to work as well, or build a new one from scratch.

I did a similar project like this last year and sold the frame on eBay. It had a new sear, new safety, spring return for the trigger...a few other little things. I mostly used a drill, a tap/die set, and some files, for the most part to make everything work. Then I made a video showing potential buyers how to install it to an Automag. It's not a how-to, per say, but it should give you some ideas.

I could do it again. If you're interested, send me a PM.
    Last edited by rawbutter; 06-28-2017 at 07:56 PM.

CCM frames have been used.

Thanks for all the comments. The frame should arrive soon.

I have received the frame. I notice the I need the rear hole widen to for the rail bushing to fit and properly align the rail to the frame. 2nd I need some frame material removed so the pro sear assembly have descent travel ability. So , I ask my AO pals. Who May I contact for such deed. Please advise.

I can do it if turn-around speed isn't a problem. It might take me a week or two to find the time. Send me a PM if you're interested and we can discuss details.