Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We need new foregrips

Too heavy.

Needs to be ULE'd....

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
    If someone built it, for *insert electro of the month* sadly it would sell way to good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Well, this next bit isn’t so much an upgrade as it is merging in other parts.

A while back I made a Nato rail camera mount out of flexible filament:

Attachment 94552

Which would be compatible with the tactical rail accessory for the Fidget Foregrip:

Attachment 94553

The utility of such a thing should be obvious:

Attachment 94554

A 608 bearing is 22mm OD so there’s quite a lot of space to work with in there.

I think it would be possible to add in a torsion spring from a badgeholder along with a one-way needle bearing and you’d essentially have a wind-up fidget spinner.

Doing the spin count would be more tricky, but… I’m betting a CD ROM outrunner motor is 22mm OD or less...
    Pre-orders?

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW View Post
    Pre-orders?
    my only question is whether it comes with or without the spinners pre-installed. not sure i could handle the kinda heavy lifting it would take to rip them out of hand and mount onto foregrip.

this thread made my day.

Order thread for v1?
    If we get to 100pcs, Luke will make them if GB doesn't want to and GB still gets a free one.

On a more serious note......

Do people want an all-aluminum foregrip, or a mix of aluminum and rubber, like the old RT foregrip? The mix would be my preference.

What about something like the foregrip on this mag?

It's not gas-through, obviously. It's just a SRAM rubber bike grip shoved over an old gutted sledgehammer LPR. But I think it would be easy to recreate something similar to the old RT foregrips using something like this. Start with 1" aluminum bar stock....drill the top for a 1/4-20 screw....drill the bottom and a side for 1/8-NPT...shave down the lower part to fit a 7/8" grip...anodize it black...add the rubber grip, and you're good to go.

And if people don't like the little ridge at the top of the grip, there are lots of other options. Like this. Or this.

Better yet, why not build the basic grip shape in aluminum but don't include any grip at all? Just make the hand-holding part to be 7/8" (or some other standard bike grip diameter). Then people can jump onto ebay and buy whatever style they like best and glue it on themselves. That way if the SRAM grips are discontinued, the builder isn't left with a bunch of useless aluminum stubs.

Quote Originally Posted by rawbutter View Post
    drill the top for a 1/4-20 screw.
    Bad idea to go with the standard Automag mount, the RTP will easily sell 10-1 (likely more) over the AM single screw mount. You can easily slot the AM rail to use the RTP mount.

Honestly, for me if it looks like bike grip I'll pass. Those are just plain ugly.

Sadly, I think that the foregrips that Venomous Designs was coming up with was a step in the right direction. Unfortunately, there was a VERY limited production before he disappeared and we never saw the different versions produced.

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightG View Post
    Sadly, I think that the foregrips that Venomous Designs was coming up with was a step in the right direction. Unfortunately, there was a VERY limited production before he disappeared and we never saw the different versions produced.
    I would agree. I don't own any that he made but they have always been on my list of wants.

I’m thinking sealed ceramic 608 bearings combined with all stainless steel construction. If there’s space, I might add some cavities and fill them with lead, or whatever dense, toxic, and possibly illegal substance I can get my hands on.

Unsure of the preorder date, but you guys might want to start hitting the gym now so you can lift these bad boys.

Unidentified paintballer upon being asked about the new foregrip:

Name:  anonymous_paintballer.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  91.8 KB
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Is it just me, or is the AGD line in desperate need of some new, nicer foregrip options?
    Bit of a noob question, but why are there no foregrips made to be like real steel firearms like these grips?

Quote Originally Posted by Chcienne View Post
    Bit of a noob question, but why are there no foregrips made to be like real steel firearms like these grips?

Because they are ugly and wouldnt sell ?

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post

This.

And it wouldn't be that hard to get picatiny/weaver rail and drill and tap that for foregrip attachement.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post

Disagree. They are not ugly. Which is subjective and debatable. But they already sell millions of them. Because they are very comfortable and work well. Im gonna go out on a limb and say that a Magpul VFG would work fantastic with minor modding.

Plastic is for toys. lol

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Plastic is for toys. lol
    Lol, thats ironic considering there are tons of them being used by our own armed forces. #derp #markersaretoys

They fit the look on real steel but not so much on paintball markers....

Quote Originally Posted by Warwitch View Post
    Lol, thats ironic considering there are tons of them being used by our own armed forces.
    everything is relative

Quote Originally Posted by Chcienne View Post
    I cant see this being a foregrip design. More as a mounting option/attachment to the rail. Certainly limited to a military design concept and with the vast number of options already available an actual foregrip of this design wouldn't be feasible. Give me something Ergonomically correct, Light and Damn Sexy. (able to anodize/chrome/to polish or not) Am I asking for to much?

I like the looks of the old lukes customs air through front grip, maybe we can talk to that guy

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    I say bring back the RT classic foregrip. Best one ever made. Swivels too.
    +1 on that, love those grips!

Quote Originally Posted by BIG BOB View Post
    I like the looks of the old lukes customs air through front grip, maybe we can talk to that guy
    Yeah if only that guy was around and could talk��
    I like Lukes stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Warwitch View Post
    Lol, thats ironic considering there are tons of them being used by our own armed forces. #derp #markersaretoys
    Plastic breaks, except pmags, those things are amazing. You would be surprised how much of that stuff is given to us and collects dust during a deployment. Forgrips were a fad, look cool, but do not help accuracy when engaging an actual target.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead86 View Post
    Yeah if only that guy was around and could talk��
    I like Lukes stuff
    ��

I see what you did there.....

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead86 View Post
    Plastic breaks, except pmags, those things are amazing. You would be surprised how much of that stuff is given to us and collects dust during a deployment. Forgrips were a fad, look cool, but do not help accuracy when engaging an actual target.

So the same composite that your AR's pistol grip is made of is suddenly not strong enough for a vertical grip? Look, I dont care for them on real steel either. But the on something compact like a paintball marker they obviously work. And all Im saying is that there are non-paintball specific foregrips that would work and will stand up to the game.

I use an AFG on my Trracer.

Other users have used them on Automags as well (not mine):

Real-steel equipment doesn't always make sense even in its own domain. Just pick and choose based on what makes sense to you.

And plastic is perfectly fine when used correctly.

I think the classic RT grip is my favorite foregrip. I would be down for a re-creation of that. Although, I know molding a rubber foregrip isn't financially feasible.

I use an AFG on my Trracer.
    as part of the pump handle? pictures, please.