Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: McGregor / Mayweather ?

Quote Originally Posted by smallerfreeze View Post
    i kinda feel bad for anyone whos career it is to commentate on events and build ups like this... i would hate to have to watch all of this "world tour"
    I disagree.

There's a good possibility the world tour shows were more entertaining than the actual event will be.

Hopefully not, but it is possible.

That is a great promo interview. He sure had some fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Why? It's part of their contract to help sell the fight and they're both good at it. Not to mention they're both receiving a paycheck that more than compensates them for their efforts before and during fight night.
    im not talking about the fighters... im talking about people like "Ariel Helwani" and "Luke Thomas"... i was basically poking fun at how ridiculous this world tour is... yet the fight media has to commentate seriously on it
    Matthew 10:34

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    I disagree.

There's a good possibility the world tour shows were more entertaining than the actual event will be.

Hopefully not, but it is possible.

too much corporate cash grab on this one... its like watching the WWE, something i respect but cant stand .... i was kind of making a joke about how silly it is but yet theres so much money for everyone involved they take it seriously... Brendan schaub is like a little school girl with the mic

I was rather saddened watching the LA show first and then Toronto. It was the exact same thing both times, just with a tiny bit of local flavor thrown in. I'm sure it's exciting for the people on the ground, but I don't know if I can stand to watch any more of the promos.

im not talking about the fighters... im talking about people like "Ariel Helwani" and "Luke Thomas"... i was basically poking fun at how ridiculous this world tour is... yet the fight media has to commentate seriously on it
    So which part of this fight is ridicules, because that is what you're alluding to?

too much corporate cash grab on this one...
    Who care's, really, why is money a factor? More power to them, it's good business in my book.

So which part of this fight is ridicules, because that is what you're alluding to?
    i have no clue what the actual fight will be like..... i was saying that "i feel bad for people that have to watch every single part of this world tour in order to report on it accurately" I understand promotions are scripted and they stick to the game plan because its entertainment.... Im loving some of the stuff that has come out of this already.... MMA reporters probably love their job... I personally have not been able to watch an entire conference... maybe they love watching every second of it.... different strokes different folks.. i can only bring my own opinion into the domain of conversation

Who care's, really, why is money a factor? More power to them, it's good business in my book.
    im 100% in tune with with your point of view... everyone is getting rich off this, more power to them... its good business for sure..... just me personally .... it may end up having adverse effects in the long run anything is possible

The whole point of the world tour circus was to pump up pay per view numbers.

Thats why both Floyd jr and Leonard Ellerbe were smiling most of the time no matter what trash talk Conor was spewing.

They know he's got people saying "maybe I will pay for that fight" and it will make them more $ .

They know its all part of the fun.

lol Im going to excuse myself from this thread... carry on gentlemen, i shall return on August 27th

lol Im going to excuse myself from this thread... carry on gentlemen, i shall return on August 27th
    Tell us how much it costed and how the fight went....

Lol, check this out, run your cursor down the left column and it will show you the seating on the right, or pan over the stadium.

https://www.vividseats.com/sports/fl...53.h<br /> tml

Remember when James Toney stepped into the Octagon?

This is going to be kind of like that, but in reverse, and spread out over maybe 6-8 rounds or something.
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    The whole point of the world tour circus was to pump up pay per view numbers.

Thats why both Floyd jr and Leonard Ellerbe were smiling most of the time no matter what trash talk Conor was spewing.

They know he's got people saying "maybe I will pay for that fight" and it will make them more $ .

They know its all part of the fun.

What I loved about the above interview is that that is exactly how I felt he was taking it all. On one hand trash talk. But look at his personality to it all. Just sarcasm and smiling.

Any last minute predictions ?

8 ounce gloves now.

Floyd says he's going after him and not play defense this time......

Mcgregor by brutal knockout!

If that happens there will be a line of boxers with their hands up shouting "I'm next" !

95% of gamblers are betting on McGregor

http://www.businessinsider.com/conor...utm_medium=aol
    Last edited by Ragu310; 08-25-2017 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Added

My mind says Money, but my heart says Mystic Mac, I want the boxing world to have its minds blown.

149.5 and 153 at weigh in.

Conor will probably hydrate to close to 170.

Not sure if thats a plus or minus.....

Did you notice that Floyd had his high heeled sneakers on in the face off after the weigh ins? That gave me a chuckle, insight to the man's soul! LOL
    Last edited by luke; 08-25-2017 at 11:38 PM.

Saw that, self conscious.

Conor just might have got in his head a bit...

Wow, lotta empty seats on the last Fox undercard fight....

The place looks empty.

It'll fill up fast, I belive Mac is in his head and gonna force Money to try and prove a point and get reckless

11:51 P.M. ET
    Showtime confirms it is going to delay the fight until it figures out its PPV issues

And that's a wrap, money in the 10th round

interesting enough fight.
    don't think it was a $100 fight, but glad I was able to see it on youtube today.
    obvious that Conor isn't used to going so long and hadn't been mentally preparing for 12 rounds.

Is there really any such thing as a $100 fight ?

My answer would be no.

I'll watch it on YouTube later on.

I heard he did better than most expected.

all i gotta say about all that money being thrown around while a huge number of earths inhabitants are barely getting by if not living in complete poverty Name:  c71cfa5121643ff442057c4042bea2deb9d3a635b4b38b6502c0b55877b23007.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  52.3 KB ... otherwise it was a good fight
    Last edited by smallerfreeze; 08-27-2017 at 09:53 AM.