Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC jibba jabba

Mayweather isn't a dumb fighter, sure he may not know how to read but he would never accept an MMA fight against one of the top fighters in his respective weight division, the only thing that would warrant that is money, and I don't see the UFC wanting to split that paycheck the way Mayweather would want, maybe if it was a Modified MMA fight with no ground game/grappling and put on by Mayweather's & McGregor's fighting productions, we might see a "mma" Mayweather/McGregor card

I would still like to see Mayweather/McGregor in a modified MMA fight, with some simple rules.
    1. Standup up fight
    2. MMA gloves
    3. MMA cage
    4. Five 5 minutes rounds
    6. Elbows, holding & hitting and standup grappling all legal. (You can toss your opponent down, you just can't jump on him)

I think it's a fair trade-off between the two sports, I bet both guys would take that fight.

I'd really like to see kicks added for #7.

Mayweather promotions are always Showtime.

Have you guys seen the video where Dana was talking about what happened at the first stop on the Mayweather/McGregor promotional tour ?

I doubt McGregor will do anything with Showtime again, they screwed up with messing with the mics...

Question Tony Is Out ?

Tony Ferguson hurt his knee ?

Sadly it's true Max Holloway vs Khabib Nurmagomedov for the lightwight belt, if theres anyone, I'm a massive Khabib fan but if there's anyone I want to tarnish Khabib's undefeated record it would be him, only if they set up a Max Holloway vs Connor McGregor at 150 for both Featherweight & Lightweight Belts.

So who are you picking this weekend? I'm leaning towards Khabib and Rose.

for mother Russia

When you can't tell if the Conor riot and conor wanted by the NYPD tweets are true or not...

-.-

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    My picks based on my favorites/who I've been keeping an eye on are

Khabib Nurmagomedov
    Rose Namajunas
    Renato Moicano
    Zabit Magomedsharipov
    Paul Felder
    Felice Herrig
    Joe Lauzon
    Bec Rawlings
    Evan Dunham
    Mike Rodriguez

Honestly I'm a huge fan of all four belt contenders and I want Holloway to win for that hopeful Connor dual belt fight, and I want JJ to beat Rose just so I can see a trilogy but in the end I think Khabib /Rose is the result of the main events, I'm still pissed that they had to pull the Micheal Chiesa, Ray Borg, and Artem Lobov fights, this card was doomed from the start I mean how many times had they booked Khabib vs Tony.... 3?4? and once that fight went out it was a mad scramble to find a replacement and once they found one Connor does this crap and screws the card up more
    Last edited by alpha_q_up23; 04-06-2018 at 01:23 AM.

Thumbs down

Seems like the UFC is a bad joke with their decision that Khabib is fighting for the belt but not Iaquinta.

Why not just get out the olive oil and anoint Khabib champion ?

Looks like they want a certain outcome......

Quite honestly at this point I don't know if I'm watching WWE or the UFC now

Called it!!! Regardless of the show that happened the following day. I'm not sure if I can get behind Conor any longer. I couldn't justify the card this weekend so I just watched the highlights. I'm really disappointed that it went down like that. I'm also disappointed that they used the chaos as promotional material.

Dont worry, they arent done with Conor.

He's the biggest draw, people pay to see him.

Anyone notice Khabib thanked allah during the post fight in the octagon ?

Next time he said anything the word was God .

Like it or not most Merica fight fans associate allah as the god of psychos and terrorists......

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Dont worry, they arent done with Conor.

He's the biggest draw, people pay to see him.

Anyone notice Khabib thanked allah during the post fight in the octagon ?

Next time he said anything the word was God .

Like it or not most Merica fight fans associate allah as the god of psychos and terrorists......
    I see this going the way of Mike Tyson... lawsuits, legal trouble, jail time.

Not sure if he could make it through all the press obligations anymore. All a fighter has to do is slap around Artem and Conor would go ape**** again... He has officially lost the psychological warfare angle.

UFC will pull strings on the legal stuff so he doesnt get deported/banned from the US because of his star power in exchange for a contract for several future events...

But again... everyone knows the button to press to make you lose your mind...
    How do you talk trash ever again knowing ppl just have to attack ya boy.

Whos going to win this weekend??? UFC has been on the back burner for me, but I am looking forward to this weekend. If DC wins, I have to put him near the top of P4P king.

Whos going to win this weekend??? UFC has been on the back burner for me, but I am looking forward to this weekend. If DC wins, I have to put him near the top of P4P king.
    I doubt he will beat Stipe.

Very possible DC gets sleeped.

I see DC trying to out wrestle Stipe but the way Jon Jones put out DC has me feeling like Stipe is going put DC's lights out

Overall my picks are
    • Stipe Miocic VS Daniel Cormier
    • Max Holloway VS Brian Ortega
    • Francis Ngannou VS Derrick Lewis
    • Michael Chiesa VS Anthony Pettis
    • Gokhan Saki VS Khalil Rountree Jr
    • Uriah Hall VS Paulo Costa
    • Paul Felder VS Mike Perry
    • Raphael Assuncao VS Rob Font
    • Curtis Millender VS Max Griffin
    • Dan Hooker VS Gilbert Burns
    • Lando Vannata VS Drakkar Klose
    • Jamie Moyle VS Emily Whitmire

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    I doubt he will beat Stipe.

Very possible DC gets sleeped.

Full disclosure. I’m not a DC fan at all. Hope it happens. Lol. I haven’t been excited for a ufc event in quite a while. I really hate this whole Reebok era.

I am also not a DC fan. Hope he gets slept and I think Jones helped him get that magical button pressed that Stipe can now press again and easier this time.

I agree with your lineup Alpha, with 2 exceptions. I cant really figure out what's gonna happen with Lewis vs Ngannou. And I think Felder is gonna get got.

Uh oh. Is max out???

Uh oh. Is max out???
    Yep, looks like it.

That looks sort of like he may be done for good to me.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/7/4...h-brian-ortega

Man that bums me out a bit that fight was gonna be a banger

Wish Ortega would just take his shot and get his interim. Stephens would have been a slugfest for sure

I just watched the videos with Max slurring his speech. Very scary stuff. Btw, did anyone else catch that DC weighs more than Stipe?

I just watched the videos with Max slurring his speech. Very scary stuff. Btw, did anyone else catch that DC weighs more than Stipe?
    Champ Stipe Miocic (242.5) vs. champ Daniel Cormier (246) – for heavyweight title

DC is a butterball lol

Alright... time for me to stop watching. UFC has become WWE for ****ing sure now. DC magically dethrones Stipe, and Brock "just so happens" to be ringside and ready to interview for a fight hype... :eyeroll: and probably rigged so Conor isn't the only one to hold 2 belts. See ya boys

Quote Originally Posted by mobsterboy View Post
    Alright... time for me to stop watching. UFC has become WWE for ****ing sure now. DC magically dethrones Stipe, and Brock "just so happens" to be ringside and ready to interview for a fight hype... :eyeroll: and probably rigged so Conor isn't the only one to hold 2 belts. See ya boys
    lol. The event was really fun until the co-main event. The weigh-ins from the day before were more exciting than the fight. DC and Stipe made up for it. The eyepokes were annoying, but I thought DC won fair & square. Not sure how I feel about the Brock stuff though.

The UFC has been a show since the Reebok deal so nothing really surprises me anymore.

At first I thought DC was gonna call out Jon Jones once again when he grabbed the mic, but then I heard him call out Lesnar and thought, good for him getting himself a money fight he deserves it