Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC jibba jabba

Jon Jones cant pass USADA and neither can Lesner....

So since Ngannou was #1 contender and lost to Lewis does that mean DC vs Lewis or does Stipe get the reach right away or the Brock Lesnar money fight?

Jesus just rereading that made me double think as if we were talking about WWE

Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up23 View Post
    So since Ngannou was #1 contender and lost to Lewis does that mean DC vs Lewis or does Stipe get the reach right away or the Brock Lesnar money fight?
    Jesus just rereading that made me double think as if we were talking about WWE

Maybe it means the UFC is as much of a joke as wrasslin.....

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Maybe it means the UFC is as much of a joke as wrasslin.....
    Damn that’s sad...

i just could not believe how inactive the Lewis/Ngannou fight was. Like... really? Neither fighter aggressive? Even Herb Dean was like... uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Next Up Khabib

UFC star Conor McGregor pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct on Thursday, in a deal that allows him to avoid jail time after attacking a bus filled with UFC fighters at Barclays Center in April.

The 30-year-old fighter, who recently announced he is expecting his second child with girlfriend Dee Devlin, will participate in anger management treatment and serve five days of community service, ESPN reported. The former UFC champion will still be able to work within the United States as part of the agreement with the Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office, and he will also keep a clean criminal record.

“I just want to say I’m thankful to the DA and the judge for allowing me to move forward,” McGregor told reporters outside of the New York courthouse. “I want to say to my friends, my family, my fans — thank you for your support.”

McGregor faced a possible 12 criminal charges stemming from the incident in April, which saw him tossing a metal dolly through a bus window as the vehicle arrived at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn for a UFC media event.

Among the possible 12 charges, the Dublin native had faced two felony criminal mischief charges carrying a maximum sentence of seven years in prison.

https://people.com/sports/conor-mcgr...oids-jail-time

Everyone tune in next week for a new edition of WWUFC

I dont think I'll plan to pay for any more UFC stuff for a while. Maybe Bellator is where the real MMA stuff is at now?

On a slightly funnier note, Who is gonna watch Liddell and Ortiz beat on each other? I feel like this one will be like if your dad had to go fight your neighbors dad because their family hit you or something... man it's all getting too strange.

UFC 227: Nate Diaz vs Kevin Lee

UFC 227: Nate Diaz vs Kevin Lee

What say you ?

Last edited by going_home; 07-27-2018 at 06:53 PM.

The thought of a Diaz vs Lee fight makes my nickers moist.

Its done, October 6th Vegas.

The huge question is why Conor took the fight for 1/15 of his last purse.

Speculation is they had to give him a share of the company.

I dont care for Till at all but I am sick of Woodley.....time for new blood ?

Lot of speculation as to why Conor took the fight on such short notice (60 days) after almost two years in the octagon.

Some think that Conor has no problem cutting to the required weight but that he has seen that in the past Khabib has struggled cutting weight and needs time, thus the short notice.

A weakened opponent...

Chess, not checkers.....

Chess, not checkers.....
    I'm willing to bet they basically told Conor that either he fights for cheap or the UFC will have to fine him heavily for his handtruck shenanigans, or maybe they needed to see him fight at a lesser purse if he wanted to have the "ownership stock" discussion. They have something on him for sure.
    He supposedly isn't doing much media for this fight either. it will be interesting to see how that goes and whether his fans transcend the gap of him leaving the octagon for so long. Seems like if he had a PPV points deal that he would have a vested interest in promoting the fight.

4 weeks to prepare/train for an unbeaten opponent.

He's in another time zone and country.

I can see why he isnt promoting.

Khabib was like a fish out of water,

I think Conor will surprise everyone and get a submission from Khabib, but what do I know...

Man I've missed seeing McGregor press events....... A big part of me is screaming for Khabib but there's an even bigger part of me who loves this moment and is screaming for more savagery

Are you sure yall watched the same thing I watched last night?
    Conor was acting like a local bar drunk, it was actually a bit embarrassing. I even stopped the video and looked at my buddy and said "wow, I think he showed up drunk to this." And I've never seen him back down from a verbal joust until Khabib started bringing up why his little ***** boy Artem got slapped. I think Khabib definitely found the buttons to press that makes this truly personal for Conor. Khabib will never keep up with Conor and that silver tongue, but its only so entertaining when the guy that keeps running his mouth fails to ever defend a belt, or runs off to another sport. Glad he could make some epic money, props to him, but Conor is kind of a disgrace to MMA in terms of Champions. If we are just talking about entertainment or fights, sure he's one of the greatest. By no stretch of the imagination would I ever rank him as even a top Champion though.

As far as the fight, I think it will be decided in the first minute. Lot of unanswered questions.. I noticed the cauliflower ear Conor had going, so at least he is training wrestling and ground game. Can Conor flash KO Khabib? And will he try? Does Conor think more time to dish pain is better? And will Khabib take advantage and pull Conor into deep waters? What happens when a guy who struggled to make a 170 weight fights someone who walks around at 205? Will Khabib try to box with Conor like he did with Ragin Al? Whose emotions will get the better of them on that night? Will they both make it to that night? That's a lot of time, and they really don't like eachother, and there's the unknown Tiramasu-gate from 2017. Has Conor fixed his cardio?

http://www.ufc.com/event/UFC-229#/fight

The fight is at 155.

First question, is Khabib going to make weight, he has missed before.

Next will he be weakened from the weight cut.

I think Conor took the fight on such short notice with Khabibs weight cut struggles in mind.

Did you notice how specific Conor got about something scurrilous Khabibs dad did ?

He pointed out how his camp took money from someone Putin put in jail.

And someone in his camp abandoned his son (Noah) .

What I took away from it was he embarrassed Khabib, his family, his crew, and definitely got in his head.

I didnt see anything different from Conor than any other ranting raving presser he has done before.

I'm still not paying for the ppv.

It will be on Youtube not long after the ppv feed goes off.

http://www.ufc.com/event/UFC-229#/fight

The fight is at 155.

First question, is Khabib going to make weight, he has missed before.

Next will he be weakened from the weight cut.

I think Conor took the fight on such short notice with Khabibs weight cut struggles in mind.

Did you notice how specific Conor got about something scurrilous Khabibs dad did ?

He pointed out how his camp took money from someone Putin put in jail.

And someone in his camp abandoned his son (Noah) .

What I took away from it was he embarrassed Khabib, his family, his crew, and definitely got in his head.

I didnt see anything different from Conor than any other ranting raving presser he has done before.

I'm still not paying for the ppv.

It will be on Youtube not long after the ppv feed goes off.

The problem with all of Conor's ranting is just that though, it sounds like ranting.

For instance, I find it hard to care about Putin putting someone in jail... they jail people over there for being gay, so it's hard to say that clown car of a country has fair and just laws. Who knows what really happened with that, stories over there twist and turn more than the dragons tail.

I think Conor went too deep. It was either too specific or "mah mah mah mah mah" and resorting to preteen antics. I think its gonna take more to actually get Khabib to rattle.

Now if they did another presser and Conor pushed the religion button harder and trashed Khabib's faith more, you could really tell he was upset when the reporter used a religious quote to congratulate Conors whiskey endeavors. If that happened... we could see what angry emotional Khabib really looks like.

I predict Conor wins.

I predict Conor wins.
    After watching the McGregor Mendes fight again, I'm undecided. Will be a good fight to catch on a free stream/watch it on youtube after

Rumor mill is saying Diaz vs Poirier for the new 165 belt, and that is something I'm really interested in, also word was Romero vs Gustafson for Light Heavyweight title was in the works but now that's changed to Jones vs Gustafson

Rumor mill is saying Diaz vs Poirier for the new 165 belt, and that is something I'm really interested in, also word was Romero vs Gustafson for Light Heavyweight title was in the works but now that's changed to Jones vs Gustafson
    I believe the second one, not sure about the first one there. Would be a good way for McGregor to 3-Belt it, especially if he lost to Khabib. Ooo and maybe McGregor and Woodley will finally fight

Confirmed by DW, no new 165 weight class....

Seen that...... I'm sad I think we need a few more weight divisions and hopefully it'll help with people missing weight

Looks like theres another press conference on Thursday.

Seen that...... I'm sad I think we need a few more weight divisions and hopefully it'll help with people missing weight
    Does anyone else feel like the UFC has just been a drama filled soap opera ever since they were bought up? Feels less and less about the most talented in MMA fighting eachother and more about who can put on a show beforehand. I get that they want to make money... but man that's really been killing their ranking system when someone can talk their way into fights.