Thread: I.D. this Wavy Logic Trigger

I.D. this Wavy Logic Trigger

So going through my Mag stuff I find this polished, set-screwless, wavy, TunaBlade-ish Logic trigger in with my raw UMF frame parts.

Did CoolHand make it or someone else; does it have a name? It's most definitely for Logic frames because of how fat it is, but all the Logic frame pics and old threads I can find only show or mention the RRFireblade trigger. Any insight from the veteran AO community is appreciated.
    >>WTB<< Sydarm w/ constant air__WarpedMephisto half-c/f body__Ac!d c/f trigger__TASO humpback frame__an Oh-Mag

Logic did everything on an old cnc with hand written code (IIRC) which reflects in his designs if you know what to look for. That said this looks hand made to me.
    Last edited by luke; 09-09-2017 at 11:55 AM.

I don't know anything about it, but I wish I had one. The trigger is there only thing I don't love about my UMF.

Quote Originally Posted by rawbutter View Post
    i don't know anything about it, but i wish i had one. The trigger is there only thing i don't love about my umf.
    s o l d !

Hrm, it makes sense that it wouldn't be CoolHand's since Logic frames were all rather angular. However, looking back at my posts and feedback, it seems I bought the UMF and baggie of parts from CoolHand directly in Aug '10. (The only other Logic product I have is an Alpha rail and that is recorded in feedback coming from someone else.)

CoolHand hasn't been on for a year but I sent a link to this thread so if he ever returns maybe he can shed some light on this mystery trigger.

In the meantime, it will go in a Logic vert frame I'm currently acquiring to go on an RPG MiniWave rail with DW Chord V2 and Luke's 1-pc foregrip.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Logic did everything on an old cnc with hand written code (IIRC) which reflects in his designs if you know what to look for. That said this looks hand made to me.
    It most certainly IS an old machine, but the code wasn't done by hand, even back then. I'm OLD, not ANCIENT.

But then again, you've got to remember that this was ~15 years ago too, so CAM then was not even close to what it is now.

That said, my stuff looked like it did because I had a certain aesthetic that I preferred which was very utilitarian and angular. I was using rudimentary tools, but the stuff looks like it does because I meant it to look that way, not because I was hamstrung by my software. It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Now whether it was ugly or not is another thing entirely. lol

I still very much like the no-frills look of things, but I have since come to realize that I am a very odd person ( ), so my taste doesn't really matter vis a vis "what will sell".

For the OP, that is almost certainly a hand-made part.

I don't remember ever doing anything like that myself, and I just went through my PB files and found no CAD with that design either, so I'm pretty sure it's not my work.

Looks nice though.

I'm not sure why I had it stuck in my head that you wrote all your code but that's a complement not disrespect.

When I was doing production runs on my knee mill there were things I didn't do with my designs because the time and effort couldn't be made up in the price of the part, so the end result reflected that. If I were writing code long hand today it would be reflected in the parts, meaning there are things I would and wouldn't do. We both know what a monumental effort it would be to write 1000's of lines of code. lol Your minimalistic approach to design comes across (to me at least) as something that was hand coded but I never meant it to come across as a bad thing. I was by no means talking your work down, you always did right by me and I always liked your work.

I'm not sure why I had it stuck in my head that you wrote all your code but that's a complement not disrespect.

When I was doing production runs on my knee mill there were things I didn't do with my designs because the time and effort couldn't be made up in the price of the part, so the end result reflected that. If I were writing code long hand today it would be reflected in the parts, meaning there are things I would and wouldn't do. We both know what a monumental effort it would be to write 1000's of lines of code. lol Your minimalistic approach to design comes across (to me at least) as something that was hand coded but I never meant it to come across as a bad thing. I was by no means talking your work down, you always did right by me and I always liked your work.

I know man, I wasn't offended by what you said.

And even doing the CNC programming using CAM, I still do like you're talking about in that I tend to think about how I'm going to hold and fixture things while I'm drawing them originally, so maybe my stuff ends up looking more rudimentary because I'm very focused on making things easy to machine (or if not easy per se, at least NOT ridiculously hard).

Plus, when I was designing my first paintball parts, I was new to the machine shop (or relatively so), which made me more cautious with what I was willing to try (or COULD try, just because I lacked the knowledge or skill), whereas now I've got 15+ years in the machine shop and things are much more clear what I should and shouldn't do when designing parts for production.

Don't sweat the small stuff man. I CAN write CNC code by hand, and do for VERY simple programs, but with the CAM that is available these days, it's silly to spend too much time trying to ironman it.

I've wanted to do a 'Cool Hand Luke UMF' frame for awhile now, using the profile of your original design with my changes and additions.

Just the name alone makes it worth a go

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I've wanted to do a 'Cool Hand Luke UMF' frame for awhile now, using the profile of your original design with my changes and additions.
    Go for it. I'm up to my armpits in firearms stuff now, so I haven't even touched the PB projects I had in mind last year.

I hereby bless this project.

/makes Pope-like gestures

On the condition that you send pictures of what you end up making so that I can see how it turned out ('cause I don't read AO much anymore and I'll forget to come back and check on your progress).

Deal?

That's awesome!

Sending you a private message..

Wow, some great responses and info!

Now I really wonder where that trigger came from. Maybe that baggie came with the Airwalk V2 I bought because I also have an extra squiggly trigger...

An Lc updated UMF - so it'll accept the T-Rex and AGD-spec triggers? A special foregrip that can work with AM/MM rails would be great too!

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Stick View Post
    An Lc updated UMF - so it'll accept the T-Rex and AGD-spec triggers?
    That's what I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Stick View Post
    Wow, some great responses and info!

Now I really wonder where that trigger came from. Maybe that baggie came with the Airwalk V2 I bought because I also have an extra squiggly trigger...
    The extra squiggly trigger definitely came with the Airwalk V2

Maybe Lc can do a run of alpha rails too? Or something along those lines? (Where the outside is slimmed down more than the inside hollowed out)

Quote Originally Posted by JimBobFett View Post
    Maybe Lc can do a run of alpha rails too? Or something along those lines? (Where the outside is slimmed down more than the inside hollowed out)
    If only..........Wait a second
    AM Beta>
    (With permission from Logic )
    I don't think he offers the Beta Rails anymore tho...

New slug rails are in the works. After the slugs are done I'll be putting up a sale thread for design requests. I'll offer some kind of a pre-sale price on all old designs and we can discuss new designs then.