Thread: Nelson Special Forces and Level 7

Nelson Special Forces and Level 7

So, I am a big fan of L7 bolts...all my Mags use them...I like keeping it simple.

I found out a nearby field is likely going to be using Nelson Special Forces as their field paint this year.

Just wondering...anyone had any recent experiences mixing the L7 and Nelson SF paint? Hoping it isn't really brittle...

Incidentally, I am pretty happy about this move. I like the idea of supporting a US made paint and I like the reputation of Nelson for not being micro bore paint.

Is that Hanks field ?

Yep, sounds as though he is going with Nelson this year.

knowing Hank he has tested it before he switched.

Their website says it's a tournament paintball.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Their website says it's a tournament paintball.
    maybe mech tourney ball.

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    knowing Hank he has tested it before he switched.
    I don't doubt he tried some they sent him before making a decision. However, one case or a couple of cases from one batch may not be representative of the true performance of the paint.

As for going_home's comment about the website saying it is a tournament ball...well let me share a quote from the GI Sportz website that they say about their company:

"G.I. SPORTZ was founded by a group of Professional Paintball Players and Business Owners with the goal of delivering the Player, Dealer and Field Owner the most innovative products designed to improve the level of performance, quality and overall playing experience..."

Yep, companies tend to exaggerate a bit (or a lot in GI Sportz case) on their websites.

Any paint that will be used for field paint won't be professional tournament grade in brittleness, but it could be tournament grade based on consistency and size. It will be usable in most guns. The wording of tournament grade is very subjective. Any company is going to say their paint is the best at everything. It's just the way it is.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.