Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCM Mag-Specific Air Fittings Coming Soon

CCM Mag-Specific Air Fittings Coming Soon

All,

Just wanted to put out the word that CCM is coming out with a limited run of fittings designed just for our beloved valves.

Owing to the relatively shallow depth of the air fitting inlet, AGD threading on the valves runs a little small. Added to this is the fact that CCM builds their fittings to their own markers, which run a slightly larger spec.

Stacked up, these tolerance differences mean that newer CCM fittings typically will only go about two turns into mag valves, which is not ideal for strength, especially given the input pressures we like to run. Probably most folk don't even notice this, but it is something to consider if safety is an issue for you.

Their older fittings had longer posts, which worked well in this application and allowed more turns into the valve, but of course, these are no longer available new.

This limited run will come as a set of two fittings, and will have one normal length post for the ASA and one longer post that goes into the valve.

I believe the set will run $30.

They should theoretically be available now, but the site may not yet reflect that. You can always contact them directly for more information.

High five to more third parties making Mag stuff!

I told ccm about this years ago and they didn't want to do it. I asked a few weeks back and they said they had some out to plating. I purchased some for mine this weekend. Hopefully they fit the nummech frame. Ill post when i get mine in.

who woulda' thunk... they initially released the longer fittings for "non-CCM" markers and everyone cried that they wanted the lower-profile fittings instead (not necessarily here - they also claimed that the threading was more "square" or something silly like that)

now they're re-releasing them again. kind of seems to be the trend of CCM lately

They only have black or black but I like the Azodin fittings best.

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    I told ccm about this years ago and they didn't want to do it. I asked a few weeks back and they said they had some out to plating. I purchased some for mine this weekend. Hopefully they fit the nummech frame. Ill post when i get mine in.
    Part of the problem has been one of interest, and of cost. My guess is that interest previous to this has either been too small or too casual, or else the people buying them for this application simply haven't paid attention to the threading.

If only a couple of people ask for something, it doesn't make a lot of sense to do a tiny run.

But if a larger interest can be demonstrated, then it becomes more feasible to do a small run and split the cost difference.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    They only have black or black but I like the Azodin fittings best.

Preference is preference, but the CCM stuff is made in the US (a fact that you of all people should appreciate), and it is made superbly. For those reasons alone I'm perfectly happy to pay a little more money.

Hmm. Got to get me few pairs of these.

So let me get this right, the newer CCM fittings are significantly shorter? Is there a safety standard for thread depth on something like this? It seems that almost every 1/8 npt threaded fitting I have come across has been about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    So let me get this right, the newer CCM fittings are significantly shorter? Is there a safety standard for thread depth on something like this? It seems that almost every 1/8 npt threaded fitting I have come across has been about the same.
    I will snap a pic when i get one in. it is pretty noticable. The new ones will work fine with ule bodies. however aftermarket bodies it gets pretty tight with the short stem. No one will comment on the 1/8 npt thread depth. We had this discussion somewhere and i think someone reached out to Bill and he wouldn't comment.

I'm sure they will change the housing and banjo bolt length and not the thread length.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I'm sure they will change the housing and banjo bolt length and not the thread length.
    I doubt it. I bought just the posts not the complete fittings.

Don't use ccm fittings, problem solved. Too many problems for just an aesthetic choice...

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Don't use ccm fittings, problem solved. Too many problems for just an aesthetic choice...
    I hate them, I hate dealing with them, when I see them on a gun I am working on the fee goes up and I become less generous. :O

I hate them, I hate dealing with them, when I see them on a gun I am working on the fee goes up and I become less generous.
    I know they work for some people but the ones I've personally dealt with all leaked around the banjo bolt o-rings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You win, I believed you the first time. lol

I hate them, I hate dealing with them, when I see them on a gun I am working on the fee goes up and I become less generous. :O
    Wow, really? I absolutely love mine. No issues whatsoever.

Or do you mean the additional complication with respect to removing them?

You win, I believed you the first time. lol
    I was just sharing the difference in the posts so that others could see.

AGD threads are Mil Spec. Others...not so much. Kind of like the spec on Cocker barrel threads...
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Very very close to touching on the karta.

How do you like that frame ?

Do a review on it.

Seems like it'd be a major paint getting the valve in and out.

Guess you'd probably have to have it completely tuned before installing it .

remove the 2 screws and the fittings pop off, then remove the thumb screw. realistically you aren't doing this daily.

mine is the prototype frame not the production one. There were changes that were done to the production one.

To me, when you start to add in extra parts, i.e. extra sealing surfaces, you increase the chances of a leak or potential leak. Not that going from 1 ina standard macro fitting to 3 is a huge leap, but it matters when chasing down a leak.

Hey, you like them and want to pay $40 (guessing on price) on 2 pieces that i can get for $8 for 5x the cost savings, go right ahead. But i really think that CCM is looking at the market, seeing the push of the industry going hoseless and seeing that in order to keep some of the market, they need to change & accommodate, instead of ignoring, as they have done in the past.

Karta looks fantastic.

And come to think of it, these kind of fittings are ideal for the Nummech frames, since both can just stay together as a single unit, connected by the macroline. Hadn't even considered that.

As for additional seals, they aren't dynamic, so no particular reason for them to fail anytime soon under normal usage.

And cost is $30, not $40. Probably not feasible or even desirable for every mag or marker in the stable, but for a build you want to be extra nice, especially when people are dropping hundreds for a body alone, something pretty to garnish it with is a piddling expense. Those fittings could not be more perfect on that Karta, for instance.

And as PGOP noted above, we should celebrate companies' willingness to provide more options for us, even if they aren't to our own tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by Menace_AO View Post
    As for additional seals, they aren't dynamic, so no particular reason for them to fail anytime soon under normal usage.
    Problem is these do leak, there's a simple design flaw which is easily fixed. Someone should suggest to CCM to add some compression to the o-ring so they don't leak. The seal is literally borderline after the first ano job, strip them once to custom anodize and they're basically junk. With some extremely easy calculations, very minimal design changes and simple reprogramming the problem could be fixed. Problem solved and they have kick-ass product. I'm curious if anyone has ever mentioned it to them?

Problem is these do leak, there's a simple design flaw which is easily fixed. Someone should suggest to CCM to add some compression to the o-ring so they don't leak. The seal is literally borderline after the first ano job, strip them once to custom anodize and they're basically junk. With some extremely easy calculations, very minimal design changes and simple reprogramming the problem could be fixed. Problem solved and they have kick-ass product. I'm curious if anyone has ever mentioned it to them?
    Talk about the pot calling the mettle black. You would never or have ever taken a suggestion(least from me), why should CCM? Regardless of your ability, no one takes suggestions on things they think are perfect.

And, the more orings, the more chances of an oring going bad. AGD used very good orings, but yet you need to replace them, ever so often.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Talk about the pot calling the mettle black. You would never or have ever taken a suggestion(least from me), why should CCM? Regardless of your ability, no one takes suggestions on things they think are perfect.

And, the more orings, the more chances of an oring going bad. AGD used very good orings, but yet you need to replace them, ever so often.
    Get over yourself.

Get over yourself.
    LOL

****ing Doug

LOL

****ing Doug

They (Bill) doesn't take criticism well.

2 piece ccm bodies arent loctited from the factory.....mistake
    rerelease of the j2 1 piece with only changing the detents....mistake
    making the same markers they have been for years with minor changes instead of 1 major release...mistake
    having a 4 year wait for a marker and not finding a way to make it cheaper to produce when people are paying double and triple the listed price....mistake
    spending time on side projects that the interest level is very low ( bills revolver pistol, ccm rifles).....mistake

im sure i could go on. all of which has been posted repeatedly with Bill responding.