Thread: Hydro testing query

Hydro testing query

Can anyone here suggest a place to get a tank Hydro tested in the Oakville/Burlington/Hamilton area of Ontario Canada?

I have a Ninja SHO tank that I need updated (haven't played in a while) and none of the paintball facilities around here do it or have anyone who does. The one scuba shop I tried wouldn't touch it because he didn't know what the red sealing compound on the threads was. It would likely cost nearly as much to send it cross-border back to ninja as it would to just buy another tank.

Thanks in advance.

Ask your local fire department or ask the dive shop wbere they send their stuff. You can also look at hydrotester.com and see if they have a canuck branch.

Fire department, good idea. Thanks.

In the US, dive shops and fire depts all use the same tester. At the least they can tell you who they use to go direct or to at least send your stuff with them.

Most areas have hydro testers around. The equipment is specialized so there are not a lot of companies that do this, so all the users such as fire dept and dive shops all use the same companies for hydro testing.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Welding supply houses do in house hydro testing many times, especially if they supply tanks of the various different gases used in welding, but be sure to take your own reg off or they will destroy it.

Same with fire extinguisher companies .