Thread: Want to start playing again. Any pro/classics around?

Want to start playing again. Any pro/classics around?

For a few reasons I been out of the regular playing scene for a while now (injuries, new house and a newborn daughter). But now I think I could get away once a month or maybe once every other month for some good old Rec ball again.

I still have my older gear but am contemplating picking up a new Semi shooter to play with as though I LOVE pump play my limited mobility thanks to said INJURIES means I think it’s time to play a bit more Semi. Now I have and love my classic mag (I have had it since I bought it new in 1999) but I’m contemplating getting something new and Center fed again for a change.

Primarily I was contemplating a GOG Enmey Pro or a Azodin KDII. Both would be more than enuff for my style of play (generally hopper ball for rec play or a two 100rnd pod pouch for scenario).

But I really LOVE my MAGS. So am now thinking about picking up another classic to build into my PERFECT marker. Classic valve LVL 10 bolt RT on/off (not sure why I have had x valves but I just like classsics better). ULE body with empire clamping feed neck, Direct mount on/off asa and a single trigger frame.

My question is are there any left over pro/classics out there to be had or am I shopping used (more difficult to find used mags for us Canadians). I know I could just modify my current mag but I have it setup close to how I bought it back in 99 and would like to keep it that way for nostalgia reasons (always fun to pull out old equipment to play like you used to).

I also know that going this route is far more pricey that other mech options available for no performance gains. But that’s less important than having something I know will run for 18 years trouble free that I will still enjoy shooting 18 years later.
    AGD 68 Automag, Azodin KP2, Sheridan PGP2, Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Crossover XVR, SL-68II, and TiPX.

a new one pops up every now and then but your most likely going to be buying used. there are a lot of classic mags out there with ULE center feed, cocker threaded bodies on them that you can pick up and be at a closer starting point to what you want. check the buy, sell, trade section.

Why pick up a 2nd one? I would gather up parts for the build first, as they are easier to source, and if you want, pick up a valve and such. They do pop up ever so often. Even putting up a WTB post would get people who aren't selling a chance to do a private sale, as it were.

What is the deal with the RT on/off in a classic valve?

Quote Originally Posted by Bear_Claw View Post
    For a few reasons I been out of the regular playing scene for a while now (injuries, new house and a newborn daughter). But now I think I could get away once a month or maybe once every other month for some good old Rec ball again.

I still have my older gear but am contemplating picking up a new Semi shooter to play with as though I LOVE pump play my limited mobility thanks to said INJURIES means I think it’s time to play a bit more Semi. Now I have and love my classic mag (I have had it since I bought it new in 1999) but I’m contemplating getting something new and Center fed again for a change.

Primarily I was contemplating a GOG Enmey Pro or a Azodin KDII. Both would be more than enuff for my style of play (generally hopper ball for rec play or a two 100rnd pod pouch for scenario).

But I really LOVE my MAGS. So am now thinking about picking up another classic to build into my PERFECT marker. Classic valve LVL 10 bolt RT on/off (not sure why I have had x valves but I just like classsics better). ULE body with empire clamping feed neck, Direct mount on/off asa and a single trigger frame.

My question is are there any left over pro/classics out there to be had or am I shopping used (more difficult to find used mags for us Canadians). I know I could just modify my current mag but I have it setup close to how I bought it back in 99 and would like to keep it that way for nostalgia reasons (always fun to pull out old equipment to play like you used to).

I also know that going this route is far more pricey that other mech options available for no performance gains. But that’s less important than having something I know will run for 18 years trouble free that I will still enjoy shooting 18 years later.
    From a poster at PB Nation:

""Jim, back to your cave. Bob Long is on the batphone..."

MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by cledford View Post
    What is the deal with the RT on/off in a classic valve?
    Makes the trigger pull lighter.

Because with mags, you can never leave well enough alone

But it is what Laku said

Well after some more consideration. I think I will pickup a cheaper marker for normal play and maybe tinker a bit with my classic mag yet again (this poor old marker has had sooo many different setups over the many years and spawned quite a few more mags lol). Like some pointed out It just don’t make sense to get yet another mag. I have had a crazy amount of Mags over the years but always come back to this classic. I think I will just through in a LVL 10 bolt into it again that RT on/off I have some where and maybe pickup a docs twist lock adapter. It won’t be my primary marker anymore but it will still see use as will all my markers.

Thanks for the help