Thread: Pump mag?

Pump mag?

So I’ve seen a couple of these years ago and was always kind of intrigued. I just got back to playing again recently, picked up a mag and then an Etek just in case I feel like playing with an electro (I’ve always loved egos). That being said I used to always carry a pump as a reliable backup, generally a phantom, and was thinking of getting another pump gun. I was wondering what’s the process for a pump conversion for a mag? I wanted to pick up another mag and convert it in lieu of buying a phantom or a sniper if the process wasn’t too arduous.

The hardest thing to a pump mag is getting the pump, the pump milled rail and pump milled body. Those are in additiom to a wave spring, a new spacer (you can not use a L10 bolt or spacers), new or modified bolt cushion and maybe a new, non-hard nose bolt.

Pump kits are uncommon, but do come up for sale. You do have AGD, Rainman and a 3rd maker (which name escapes me). They are very reliable. But conversely they are rather expensive. $200+, $300+ for a complete gun.

When yiu have all the parts, you change the powertube spacer (think its .210) as you are trying to create bolt sticktion. Put your new bolt cushion on (trimming so it will fit inside the wave spring) and your wave spring. The rail has a channel that the pump rod rides in and thr body has a window cutout so the rod can push the bolt back to catch the sear.

Other than that, it shoots just like a mag, but you have to move the pump in to "cock" it.

Sending you a pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To add to Nobody's list:
    - Cerberus Innovations used the AGD design but in aluminum rather than polymer and there were a few handle designs
    - XM-15 used the AGD style but from slightly bulkier aluminum components (some were available recently on MCB, FB or EB)
    >>WTB<< Sydarm w/ constant air__WarpedMephisto half-c/f body__Ac!d c/f trigger__TASO humpback frame__an Oh-Mag

some of the cerberus kits used agd old stock pump handles.
    rainman made kits too but are very hit and miss. gen 3 were probably the worst( sagging pump handles, overbored pump handles, rough threads, anno blems)

"Stephen Welch" has $130 XM-15 kits for sale on FB's AGD Automag Owners BST group.

Thanks for the help guys, this’ll be my post holiday project.