Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Z2 Grip Frame

Quote Originally Posted by Korso View Post
    Raw or annoed black/dust black?
    I still dont have an anodizer that can do the work for an affordable price and I honestly can't afford to raise the price of the inventory I'm sitting on by anodizing everything. That said I've looked around the state (AZ) and the big guys all have bad reputations so if anyone can make a recommendation for a reliable vendor I'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I still dont have an anodizer that can do the work for an affordable price and I honestly can't afford to raise the price of the inventory I'm sitting on by anodizing everything. That said I've looked around the state (AZ) and the big guys all have bad reputations so if anyone can make a recommendation for a reliable vendor I'll look into it.
    I uhhh.... want it raw.

There was no good way to say that.

Anodizers the scurge of small manufacturers.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

Z-Tac frame

Any way this may fit on a Deflator?

Sending my money now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by psunitro View Post
    Any way this may fit on a Deflator?
    Looks like there is an inch of space for a foregrip. There may be a little issue with the very front asa screw, but it's basically doable.

Z-Do...

As like Seado, the watercraft manufacturer. Like Z:2 or Z-two as like a sequel to the original Z frame.

How this is starting out; all i can say is good luck to see these by this time next year...

Awe hell. I'm in.

Paid in Full - $200

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Like Z:2 or Z-two
    I like that

I like that
    My inspiration comes from watching T2: Trainspotting. The sequel.

jaredboy23 and djinnform added to the list.

Check out the scrabble game list of words that start with Z

I'm trying to free up a little time to start the CAD drawings so if there are any design considerations you would like me to look into you need to speak up now. I'm sure not everything will be doable because we have already set some of the parameters but it wont hurt to voice your thoughts. If it makes sense and works with the direction of the project we may be able to implement it. It's much easier to mention that stuff now instead of waiting and having to do major changes down the line.

One main complaint is the constraint on foregrips because of the Z-Grip's trigger guard. It was mentioned over on MCB and initially I stated nothing could be changed. Since then an idea came to me that I plan to look into, but no promises at this point. I have to get the CAD started to see if its a viable idea.

Another suggestion was the use of 1911 grips. That is something that isn't doable because we want this to be as light as possible and we also need space for the LPR. 45 grips are nice and readily available but they put too many constraints on the overall design.

For the trigger, my initial plans are to go with a blade trigger design with room for two trigger stops. This will be a brand new design, with new geometry based on this frame so it wont be compatible with the AGD Z.

I like Nobody's suggestion for 'Z2' simple and to the point. So I'm leaning towards Z2, MPZ2 or LcZ2.
    Last edited by luke; 12-11-2017 at 02:05 PM.

While i did not say simply Z2, more like Z:2 or Z-do(Z redo) as Empire/Kee/GI or whoever owns it, has plenty of lawyers to say that they have a loader with the name Z2 Prophecy and you can't use the name. I was trying to come as close to it without touching toes, by going with slang or even using the colon. So, it is your frame, i suggested a lineage type name, but you should be mindful of industry lawyers and C&D letters.

How about Z-Redux or Z-R for short....

Fact is Z2 is used all over the place for dozens of different products, google Z2 on amazon.
    As far as the 'Empire Prophecy Z2' I dont think they will pitch a fit over a grip frame named 'LcZ2'

Sounds great on the blade-style trigger and if there’s a way to use/mount a foregrip. Can’t wait to see the plans come to life!

One main complaint is the constraint on foregrips because of the Z-Grip's trigger guard. It was mentioned over on MCB and initially I stated nothing could be changed. Since then an idea came to me that I plan to look into, but no promises at this point. I have to get the CAD started to see if its a viable idea.
    That was me and it is good to hear you giving it a more thorough evaluation! I thought it might be a challenge you could conquer looking at your repertoire of other foregrips, foregrip mounts, grip frames and rail/frame milling services. It'd further make your evolution of the Z-Grip standout.

I don't think 1911-style 45 grips are a major loss, especially if your panels will be engraved with your hex pattern and a big Z, a bunch of tiny Zs or lion paws, a profile of a lion's face, or something cool like that. Perhaps an optional thin plate that's an adapter for 45 panels (if it's cost effective or demand is there)?

No biggie about the grips, I've played out in the cold a bunch recently and the thought of frozen grips motivated my comment. I'll live. I don't think I've seen a z-grip in person since like 2001, so it's hard to comment on other design points. I'm kinda surprised paintball never got on the G10/Micarta grip train like 1911 guys did, maybe 45 frames just kinda died down before it could happen.

Looks like Micarta is much more expensive than aluminum, about 5x more.

I like the sounds of “LZ grip “ Luke’s z grip

Everyone the preorder list check your messages and put your vote in. (PM me) Thanks

Everyone the preorder list check your messages and put your vote in. (PM me) Thanks
    Thank's guys.

CAD drawings are done and posted on the first page..

That almost looks like it would be compatible with a standard type foregrip on an RT length rail....

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    That almost looks like it would be compatible with a standard type foregrip on an RT length rail....
    The current z grip trigger guard allows for that now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    It's only 0.2" shorter than stock.

Click to enlargeName:  LcZ Dims.JPG
Views: 212
Size:  28.2 KB

If your interested in the Z2 but not in the preorder, please speak up because it will help me decide how big of a run to do. Thanks