Thread: Want to use my shp ninja bottle with my classic valve.

Want to use my shp ninja bottle with my classic valve.

Got a ninja sl2 shp for my self for Christmas.

Can I set up my classic valve to not vent out the back at 1100 psi?

I've seen the info on this forum before I believe, but could not find it with Google or the in house search.

Alternatively I could replace the gas through grip with a regulator? Is there such a regular that would be ideal for taking the pressure down to 800?

Thanks in advance.

Jim
    yes, i could have purchased something new for the same money.

Just remove the shims and run it at 900

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The valve will handle the high input pressure no problem. It regulates down to the same pressure no matter what the input pressure is.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

It worked for a short bit, then vented out the back at 1100 psi.

Still works fine with 900 psi.

Can I use the regulator piston out of an x valve?

It must be right on the verge of venting with the 900psi input if the 1100 psi puts it over the threshold to vent. Have you tried turning the velocity setting down before you install the 1100psi tank? The pressure reaching the regulator piston assembly is regulated pressure, so it will never exceed the operating pressure of the valve for the velocity setting you have it set to. That value is about 500psi for a level 10 bolt with red spring and 350psi for a level 7 bolt.

The regulator piston in an X valve is different than the one in the classic valve, so it will not work.

The original classic valves used lower pressure versions than the newer ones required for level 10 use. Has your piston assembly been upgraded to one of the higher pressure versions?

I have never replaced the regulator piston. It is the one that came with the gun when I bought it used. The gun appeared to have sat for multiple years.

I will try turning the velocity down. With start up and see if that helps.

If I were to purchase a new regulator piston from the AGD website, it would be the newer and higher pressure version you speak of?

Thanks, Jim

Why do you want to run 1100 psi?

Quote Originally Posted by tucson.az.jbreen View Post
    I have never replaced the regulator piston. It is the one that came with the gun when I bought it used. The gun appeared to have sat for multiple years.

I will try turning the velocity down. With start up and see if that helps.

If I were to purchase a new regulator piston from the AGD website, it would be the newer and higher pressure version you speak of?

Thanks, Jim
    It does sound like you have one of the old original low pressure versions that were only designed for the level 7 bolts. The new piston assemblies from AGD will be the newer high pressure versions that work on both level 10 and level 7 bolts.

When I picked it up, the original spring was still in the power tube instead of spacers, I would think confirming it's the old style.

@Luke I'm running high pressure to increase rate of fire with my x valve. 1100 specifically because that's what my ninja shp v2 puts out. I have a .738 firing pin.

I would like to also use the tank on my mini mag, because the alternative is an aluminum 48/3000.

Priority 1 is the x valve. But it would be nice to use my carbon bottle on both markers.

If the powertube has the spring, it is old school. Since it didn't have the level 10 bolt, it was probably never upgraded to the higher pressure piston. They aren't needed for use with a level 7 bolt. You should upgrade to a level 10 bolt as well, when you get your piston.

If you had the valve apart, did you change the regulator seat oring? If it is not new, then you may be getting some leakage at higher bottle pressures which may be causing some of your venting issues. The regulator seat has a groove in it caused by the valve body in the back and by the regulator valve pin in the front. This groove becomes permanent over time, so if you have the valve apart and disturb it in any way, the alignment may be off a bit causing it to not seal properly. We always recommend replacing it if it has a permantent groove and you have had the valve apart, especially if it is darkened with age.

Cool cool, thank you for the information.

So can I keep my level 7 with the newer higher pressure
    Piston?

Or will this cause problems?

The higher pressure regulator piston just means that the safety release pressure for venting excess pressure is higher than with the previous version, so that it won't vent during normal operation with the higher operating pressure of the level 10 bolt. All lower pressure operations will not be affected. Your level 7 bolt will work fine.