Thread: CP ASA Mod

CP ASA Mod

$40
    Order direct from my website > http://lukescustoms.com/cp-sleeper-asa-mod.html

Or if you intend on purchasing the LcMP90 or the Z2 grip frames and want to save on shipping you can gift the paypal payment to lukescustoms@yahoo.com and I will hold the ASA and ship with your new frame.
    Please include your AO name and which frame you want it shipped with.

This is not a turn-key mod for all sleeper builds, your frame needs to be machined with the LPR mount center of the two ASA screws.

The Lc's CP ASA mod is double drilled, a single port is drilled to both sides to provide max air flow.

Buna-N O-Ring Dash 008 (5/16 x 3/16 x 1/16) is included with the mod. Replacements can be found at your local hardware store.

Please completely strip your ASA before sending it in to be machined, it is only necessary to send in the main body.

Last edited by luke; 04-02-2018 at 12:31 PM.

Great price for this mod! Mine turned out great, thanks again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will these bolt up directly to M86 frames?

M86?

edit: (brain fart lol)
    Last edited by luke; 01-22-2018 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    This mod is a little different than previous versions that Loguzzzzzz does and previous production grip frames that came ready with the sleeper mod. This version is designed so the oring is sealed in a cavity in the ASA itself rather than the threaded LPR hole in the grip frame and the bottom of the LPR.

The Lc ASA mod can be used with grip frames that have the LPR hole threaded all the way through the bottom of the grip. BUT the Loguzzzzzz modded CP ASA can NOT be used on my new sleeper grip frames.
    THIS IS COMPLETELY UNTRUE!

You are just trying to steal the market! I've been doing this modification this way longer than I care to remember. If you bought a modified ASA from Tunaman, it went through my hands first!

My modification creates a pocket in the ASA! The only reason I seal against the LPR is due to the fact that the frames are threaded through. I like to use the base of the LPR to seal against! It creates a seal directly to the LPR and actually DOES NOT rely on the threaded hole to seal.

You should really go through the vetting process before you make a claim against someone else or their practices!

Name:  ASA Mod.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  82.0 KB
    ......You know you want one!!

THIS IS COMPLETELY UNTRUE!
    Easy there buddy. Is this your work?

Name:  Longuzz.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  36.8 KB

If it is then you're not sealing the entire o-ring in the asa itself. It appears to me you're not, it looks as if it sits inside the grip frame and seals against the LPR fitting and the ASA and is contained by the threaded hole, WHICH IS FINE, just not how I'm doing it.

You are just trying to steal the market! I've been doing this modification this way longer than I care to remember.
    LOL (literally)
    Trying to steal the market?? That is absurd, I never offered the service because you were doing them. Ask any number of your customers that I sent to you over the years.
    I'm offering this service because I'm now manufacturing frames with the option of mounting a LPR, which BTW does NOT thread the LPR all the way through the frame. It is threaded from the top and only deep enough to mount the LPR. It has a 3/16" hole through the bottom. My mod is designed to have the entire o-ring compressed in the ASA with it sealing against the bottom of the frame. This has NOTHING to do with you or how you do them, this has to do with how I've engineered my LPRs and grip frames to seal.

If you bought a modified ASA from Tunaman, it went through my hands first!
    OK? Good for you.

My modification creates a pocket in the ASA! The only reason I seal against the LPR is due to the fact that the frames are threaded through. I like to use the base of the LPR to seal against! It creates a seal directly to the LPR and actually DOES NOT rely on the threaded hole to seal.
    I beg to differ based on the picture I posted. And by the way I'm not sure why the statement pisses you off, did you think it was a dig or something, because you seem really butt hurt here?

You should really go through the vetting process before you make a claim against someone else or their practices!
    LOL, I really dont know how to react to that. You've read something into this that it's not. Me saying I've gone about this mod differently, but it will still work with the status quo, is not belittling what you've done. I've been doing mod work here for about 15 years. As a matter of fact I never sold the off the shelf parts to build pneumags because other guys were already offering the service. As I said before, I never offered the ASA mods because you were. I never did frame mods because you were. I never offered a grip frame with the MPA and MSV mounts because Tuna, Big E and Cougar did. I never offered service work because Tunaman does. So go ahead and be mad, but I'm not making a grab for your services, as a matter of fact, the very LAST thing I'm interested in is modifying asa's...

Quote Originally Posted by HeroForADay View Post
    Will these bolt up directly to M86 frames?
    Thanks GH, yea the M86.

As long as the LPR mount is center between the two 10-32 holes it should work.

I saw your frame and you are leaving a smooth surface on the bottom. This is (I assume) the sealing surface. There is no smooth surface on the M86 unless you thread the LPR to be flush to the bottom of the frame. Which is how I planned my modification. The bottom line is that an ASA modded by me will work with your frame. That was really the only point is I was trying to make.

Can't say I did or did not mod the one you pictured as there are a couple other guys here that do the same modification the same way. You chose to single me out though which is what drew my response. The one you pictured did have the recess but used a thicker o-ring. It is possible that the frame in which it was planned could not bet the LPR flush so the thicker O-ring may have been used to make up the difference. A lot of the frames have a large whole in the bottom already. This is where the idea of sealing to the LPR came from.

For the other people here, the o-ring has to protrude (at least a little bit) or there is not going to be a seal at which point the o-ring is "sandwiched" between the frame and the ASA.

I'm not mad but as stated above, you singled ME out!

This is a hobby for me to enjoy. I do this for the love of the Mag and the Mag community, not to pay the bills...

Quote Originally Posted by Loguzzzzzz View Post
    I'm not mad but as stated above, you singled ME out!
    I only mentioned you because you were the only guy I know of that that was doing these mods. My entire explanation of your mod is based off the picture I'm assuming is your work, and really the only CP mod I've ever really looked at. As I said before there's nothing wrong with how you do the mod (even if it is sealed inside the threaded hole) I just went a different route because I wanted to use an oring seal on my lpr.

As soon as I get my on/off asa's designed and on the market, I'm dropping this mod service, modding parts is not the business I've ever wanted to be in.

EDIT:
    Loguzzzzzz, I removed the statements I made about your mod from the first post. I did so only because they were no longer necessary since you stated that your CP modded ASA's will work with the 3/16" hole design. As long as the modified asa has the oring cavity center of the asa holes and the oring can be pressed into the asa for sealing it's good to go.
    Last edited by luke; 01-22-2018 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Thanks GH, yea the M86.

As long as the LPR mount is center between the two 10-32 holes it should work.
    It is centered
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.