Thread: where can we find the Xmod firmware?

where can we find the Xmod firmware?

I've been digging all over the internets looking for where I can download the Xmod 1.8 firmware, all with no luck. I've tried niedtech.com and tunamart.com, and both of those sites are down. I've found that Paul planned to release it when all his programmers sold, but haven't found if he posted it or not. all I need is the firmware, as I have purchased a programmer, cable harness, and have the programming interface software for my PC. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Paul's email: pniedfeldt@wi.rr.com

Let us know if he plans to release it.

I would get ahold of tunaman on here.
    he does it.

email sent to Paul.

just an FYI to everyone, his email is now: pniedfeldt@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    I would get ahold of tunaman on here.
    he does it.
    yea I wasn't sure of that since tunamart.com is down.

Quote Originally Posted by N3rd15 View Post
    email sent to Paul.

just an FYI to everyone, his email is now: pniedfeldt@gmail.com
    Does that mean you got a hold of him?

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    Does that mean you got a hold of him?
    No response yet, but I assume he's busy. when I sent the original email, I got an auto response saying to re-send to the email address I posted above.

sending you a pm.

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    sending you a pm.
    Replied.

anyway, even If its not Xmod 1.8, any firmware would be greatly appreciated. I'm currently running AGD 1.37, and would like to have some more features to tinker with.

talk to BigEvil.

I've been digging all over the internets looking for where I can download the Xmod 1.8 firmware, all with no luck. I've tried niedtech.com and tunamart.com, and both of those sites are down. I've found that Paul planned to release it when all his programmers sold, but haven't found if he posted it or not. all I need is the firmware, as I have purchased a programmer, cable harness, and have the programming interface software for my PC. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
    email me tunaman5@verizon.net You already have the programmer so I can send you the software.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    email me tunaman5@verizon.net You already have the programmer so I can send you the software.
    Email sent! Thank you very much!

Ok, Tunaman being the awesome dude he is, got me set up on the software. Now I have one question, I noticed on the hex file name, it had 06_bps in the name. Can someone clarify what that means? I wanna say I saw an explanation of it somewhere, but can’t remember where.

My google-fu is strong tonight.....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxI...NJb3oxdjQ/view

Ok, Tunaman being the awesome dude he is, got me set up on the software. Now I have one question, I noticed on the hex file name, it had 06_bps in the name. Can someone clarify what that means? I wanna say I saw an explanation of it somewhere, but can’t remember where.
    Its how many bps you need before the ramping starts. I usually use 6 or 7 which makes it easy for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    Its how many bps you need before the ramping starts. I usually use 6 or 7 which makes it easy for everyone.
    Correct. Since there was not enough room on the board to make that an adjustable variable, the 1.8 software came in multiple versions all with the ramping starting at different BPS.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Correct. Since there was not enough room on the board to make that an adjustable variable, the 1.8 software came in multiple versions all with the ramping starting at different BPS.
    Per the instructions:

In XMOD Beta 1.8 I have introduced the ability to adjust at what rate of fire ramping will start for PSP and NXL modes. There is not space available in the code to make this software adjustable so I have given you the option of flashing whichever ramp start you wish. For example 04bps will start ramping at 4bps whish is 250ms between shots. Therefore loading the 12bps flash will make it much more difficult to ramp.

Thanks for the clarification guys! can't wait to get this loaded onto my emag.

I use the 6 bps firmware. I find that 6 allows nice semi operation, but you can quickly jump to ramping when needed.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Just thought i'd give an update. I was able to find some time to flash my 1.37 frame to Xmod 1.8, and wow! talk about a huge improvement. Flashing was super easy to do, and had no issues. I did have to deviate from the manual Going_Home posted, but that was because I used the IC-Prog 2.0 programmer, and atmel AVR prog 4.13. the links for the programmer, programming software, and the drives are below. Thank you to everyone here who helped out, especially Tunaman for sending me the Xmod 1.8 hex file.

ICProg-AVR 2.0: https://shop.in-circuit.de/product_i...14&language=en

AVR prog software: https://www.microchip.com/avr-suppor...nloads-archive (scroll down to version 4.13. i used 4.13.528, but i assume 4.13.557 will work as well

Board drivers: https://www.silabs.com/products/deve...ge-vcp-drivers (scroll to your applicable operating system.)
    |- WinAVR: https://sourceforge.net/projects/winavr/files/WinAVR/ (I used 20100110)

***For users way in the future when the links i've posted are broken, or are no longer valid***
    PM me on here, I have everything I downloaded, kept on my network drive as well as a USB thumb drive. If you need any of those files, let me know and I'll send them to you. If I see the message on here that is haha.