Thread: pump mag

pump mag

So I've pulled my collection out again to look at what all I need to purchase to get my projects in working order... all at the same time. I'm wondering if there is anything specific I need/can do with the valve itself. I'm wanting to pick up a classic 68 valve for the setup instead of the minimag valve shown. Matching detents would be nice too (two different detents are installed). Also need trigger pin, safety, sear, and I need a good looking asa to go with it. After I get all that figured out I want to get a nice anno job on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

One thing you can do is replace the on/off assembly with an RT on/off. It’ll lighten the trigger pull a bit.

Other than esthetic purposes, dual detents on a pump mag causes more problems and are unneeded. The valve is, well your choice. There is no difference between a classic valve and minimag, except forthe lasering. While the advantages of a double trigger frame are great for mags, it is again lost with a pump mag, but your gun, your choice (and can understand if these were spares that were literally thrown together).

All in all, its yiur gun, your choice. If it is working as a pumpmag should than, what is left to do, other than plumbing, getting the bits & pieces and maybe send it to anno.

Do they make blanks to fill detent holes? Suppose i could try prying the ball and spring out of one if i have problems with it.

As for wanting a classic valve its just a preference.. i want the minimag valve to go back to my z gripped minimag.

I do have a couple different single trigger frames i could use. But then id have to build another mag to go with the luke grip.

I was more asking about anything that would make it perform better. I remember a lot of discussion about making the classic valves more efficient. But now that ive had more time to think on it that was mostly was running 12 gram cartridges. It has been quite a long time since i did much with my paintball stuff.. since shortly after the micromag 2k9 was just being made.

Quote Originally Posted by RehKal View Post
    Do they make blanks to fill detent holes? Suppose i could try prying the ball and spring out of one if i have problems with it.

As for wanting a classic valve its just a preference.. i want the minimag valve to go back to my z gripped minimag.

I do have a couple different single trigger frames i could use. But then id have to build another mag to go with the luke grip.

I was more asking about anything that would make it perform better. I remember a lot of discussion about making the classic valves more efficient. But now that ive had more time to think on it that was mostly was running 12 gram cartridges. It has been quite a long time since i did much with my paintball stuff.. since shortly after the micromag 2k9 was just being made.
    No such blockoff plate for detent holes exists, to my knowledge, but put an oring on the detent, so you can control the depth easily, so its not interferring. And no sense destroying a detent, keep it as an on gun spare.

Your valve, your choice, nothing wrong with that.

Again, your choice on the frame. If its more comfortable, use it.

With pumps & 12vies, yes efficiency inserts do exists and you can DIY them yourself (but you meed to cut the valve to access the dump chamber to install them.

Now for better performance you can underbore and try to run the barrel around 12"-14" for efficiency.

i want to say those are cocker detents which are 3/8-24. you should be able to get a plug in that size.