Thread: Angel Speed Frame for Pnuemag

Angel Speed Frame for Pnuemag

I bought an 05 angel speed from craigslist a few years ago, and long story short it's time for a full rebuild + eyes, OR(!!!) I could try and use the frame for a pnue-mag project. I'm just a little concerenec there isn't enough room front to back for the trigger ram and sear. Are there any guides I could checkout, or pics of secessful attempts.

Most non-AGD frames to AGD is all DIY. From LCDs to the A1 angels, they had changed geometry i the triggers, placement of the internals. So there are no guides persey. Its better off understanding the limits of what the normal pneumag requirements are and see if they can fit in the speed frame. I could be wrong

You will probably have to cut off the back of the trigger to make enough space, and you definitely won't have a working safety when it's all done. But it's possible. There's enough space.

Actually....space isn't really the biggest problem. The biggest problem is the lack of mounting options. I'm a little rusty on Angel parts, but I seem to remember that the inside of the frame is pretty empty. You can make a bracket to mount the pneumatic valve easily enough, but mounting the piston is a whole other story.

I've done something like this before. Not in an Angel frame, but in a vertical DM3 frame.

Name:  IMG_2800.JPG
Views: 125
Size:  62.9 KB

The basic idea is that you take a block of aluminum and drill a few holes at the top so you can mount it at the top of the frame. Then you drill another long horizontal hole to mount a piston of some kind. (I think the piston in the picture is a modified Clippard 3SS.)

If you don't have the tools to attempt this yourself, I could help you out. Send me a PM and we can talk specifics.

I personally don't have the tools, but I'm an engineer and I work closely with a machine shop on a daily basis. I'm pretty sure they would let me run the Bridgeport. Is going to be interesting to say the least.