Thread: Anodized price

Anodized price

It's that time in my build
    I'm looking for sold colors
    On my MAG
    Nothings fancy
    Blue, Body . feedneck. trigger
    Gray, rail.frame. asa. And( front grip Luke's LPG)
    Darker gray,grips
    All lowers are Luke's
    What is a fair price
    And any suggestions

Caustic Customs ( likely the most expensive, but everything he does comes out beautiful)
    Stained Works
    Blizzard
    Anno Workz
    FX annodizing

Blizzard did this one for me.......

Name:  deflator2.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  160.9 KB

Walker
    O.F.P.P.A. - OLD FARTS PAINTBALL PLAYERS ASSOCIATION
    When you wrap-up the day with beer and Bengay.

How much
    If you want to Message me you can

if your on facebook Caustic Customs anodizing is the page name. take a look at his work.

This is a general idea for you.

Anno people charge different prices for services. But those prices go up if they have to disassemble the parts for anno, if they have to strip old anno, polish. Prices go up for more than one colour, even if its solid colours for 1 gun.

Get a quote. Send a pic with the parts, and a number of total parts, with the number of parts per colour. Basically, give them the best description as to what you want done and a general colour you want. You could even go steal colour swatches from Home Depot/Lowes for a guide.

The price is, what you are willing to pay. Caustic is great, reliable work but expect 8 weeks before he may start it. But the quality is there and you will pay for it. The other places may beat the price, but they may not be as reliable or as high as quality.

Do not go cheap, but shop around so you have a clearer idea. This may be $400 or so, idk. But if this is your baby, then don't go with $100 job because its the cheapest.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post

Do not go cheap, but shop around so you have a clearer idea. This may be $400 or so, idk. But if this is your baby, then don't go with $100 job because its the cheapest.
    ^ This.....

For a good job, definitely expect 300-400. Like Nobody said, some might charge you a little more if they have to strip it or if the total number of parts exceeds a certain limit.

There's some really good anodizers out there, almost all of whom show off their work on facebook, they all have unique touches and styles. Find an anodizer who has a style you like and go with them.

The age old saying holds well for this...you get what you pay for. You don't have to go with the most expensive but be sure you are going to be happy with what you get.

Gloss or dust finish will effect price also. If it's dust it should be much cheaper

Speculations is speculation. Get the prices from the companies, not (and i include me in this) a bunch of random noobs that have little to know clue as to how companies price their services.

So, if i may.
    1) ask people what companies do paintball work
    2) contact said companies
    3) ask said companies pricing on anno, including a list of what colours, how many pieces; basically ask and give as much detail as to their full prices
    4) ask what kind of time table, what you need to prep and how to ship it to them.
    5) if over the phone, WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN. If by email, make sure you fully understand what they are saying.
    6) take a pic, include all the pieces, include a remind note with all the details of your parts, number of parts, what you need down, return address. Bag parts in lots, i.e. blue parts in bag #1, grey #2 dark grey #3. The more records you have, the more proof you have if pieces go missing.
    7) take the amount of time and double it. Easier to accept the extended time table than to be on pins and needles for 3 weeks and 1 day that it returns to you.
    8) expect the unexpected. You barely look at the 99% of anno jobs that go off without a hitch. Its the 1% (read Bunny's electro plating fiasco blog). No one wishes it, but you are literally sending parts (sometimes rare and/or expensive) to get electrocuted.
    9) forget about the project daily. Put on a calender the due date, but worrying about it before then only after.
    10) keep in contaft, but return emails only. No one likes a daily correspondence, it takes from getting the job done.