Thread: classic valve, Center fire

classic valve, Center fire

so now i have a classic valve that is leaking between the valve halves,
    ive disassebled it cleaned it re greased the spring pack and reg piston oring,put a new seat in ran 2 drops of oil into the macro and fired it a few times,
    no leak, so i was like awesome....
    then came out gassed it up to fire it again to then swap out to a new frame, and boom the leak is back.
    not sure whats up
    any suggestions?

Try a different o-ring between the halves. I had the same problem and it turned out that the o-ring was too thick. You wouldn't think that could be a problem, but when I changed it out to a thinner one, the leak disappeared and hasn't come back.

Quote Originally Posted by bowcycle View Post
    Try a different o-ring between the halves. I had the same problem and it turned out that the o-ring was too thick. You wouldn't think that could be a problem, but when I changed it out to a thinner one, the leak disappeared and hasn't come back.
    hmmm
    ok.
    I've swapped out that oring with two other valves also. forgot to mention that.

Wrap some teflon tape around the reg back, to give a little more thickness for the oring to seat.

Make sure that you fully, not just finger, tighten down the vale to the rail.

Sit in the corner, and every day, tell it that it's a bad valve and all the other valves behave properlly. And when you (the leaky valve) stop leaking and seal properly, then you can come out and play...

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Wrap some teflon tape around the reg back, to give a little more thickness for the oring to seat.

Make sure that you fully, not just finger, tighten down the vale to the rail.

Sit in the corner, and every day, tell it that it's a bad valve and all the other valves behave properlly. And when you (the leaky valve) stop leaking and seal properly, then you can come out and play...
    I haven't tried suggestions 1 & 3 yet ill give them a shot maybe.

Classic valves use a different o-ring than retro valves and x-valves. Make sure you're using the right one.

Swaping from classic valves
    Quote Originally Posted by rawbutter View Post
    Classic valves use a different o-ring than retro valves and x-valves. Make sure you're using the right one.
    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

any more ideas?
    funny thing is it didnt use to leak like this, like even 6 months ago

What have you done so far? I gave 1 thing totry but you haven't said if you tried it or not. Mind you, it is where theoring goes, NOT on the threads.

I would definitely try new reg body oring instead of an old or used one. You can always send it out to Scott or Tuna to see if they can whisper it...

We are gonna have to sanction you...and send you back to class. You do not pass go!
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Oh yeah, I havnt tried what you said yet. Totally slipped my mind. I'll give it a go
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    What have you done so far? I gave 1 thing totry but you haven't said if you tried it or not. Mind you, it is where theoring goes, NOT on the threads.

I would definitely try new reg body oring instead of an old or used one. You can always send it out to Scott or Tuna to see if they can whisper it...
    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    We are gonna have to sanction you...and send you back to class. You do not pass go!
    yeah i hear ya.
    i finally just took parts from another unusable classic valve and put them in this one, fixed my issues
    ill have to get the parts to rebuild the others some day.
    thanks for all the help guys.