Okay, I've been collecting pump mag parts for the last year or so, and I'm finally ready to put it together. But I want someone to check my math and make sure I'm doing this right.

I have all the right parts. I have a pump milled rail (done by Luke) and a Rainman pump kit. (At least I think it's a Rainman kit. It's whatever kit is on this mag.) I also have a pump milled body, of course, and a stock Level 7 classic valve with a CF frame.

So what comes next after I put everything together? I know I need to replace the bumper with a wave spring (which I have). I also know that if I fire the marker with the wave spring installed and the bolt resets by itself, I might have to trim down the bolt spring. I don't know how much I should trim at a time, though. I'm figuring I'll just cut off a 1/4 coil at a time or so and then retest until I hit the right length. (I've got a few spare bolts springs, so I don't care if I screw one up beyond use.)

I've also read conflicting things about the wave spring itself. Some people seem to think that if the spring is trimmed to the "correct" length, then there's no need to add the bumper behind the wave spring. Others say that I should cut down the bumper to go inside the wave spring.

So yeah....any help would be appreciated.