Thread: Classic Mag Leak out of the bolt...

Classic Mag Leak out of the bolt...

Hey guys,

Name:  Classic Mag Pic .jpg
Views: 171
Size:  44.2 KB

Picked up this classic mag for pretty cheap... it is VERY similar to the one I sold when I was 18 after spending a ton of money (at the time) upgrading everything (in other words... it is the one that got me to fall in love with them... and it got away)... Selling that mag was when my life went all wrong...

Anyways... working on bringing it back to life.

Changed the piston O ring this evening... and replaced the on/off with an RT one I had laying around (because it had good o rings)... and also put in a fresh reg seat... it has the ANS 10 hole bolt...

basically the only o rings that haven't been changed are the reg body o ring... and the power tube tip o ring.

When I air it up I am getting a leak out of the bolt... and it won't cycle... but pulling the trigger does cause the leak to stop.

I am thinking maybe it is the spacer in the power tube... maybe it needs a different size. Not really sure. Been a long long time since I've messed with a classic valve.

Any thoughts? I kind of expected when I changed out the on/off and replaced the piston o ring I would be good... but doesn't seem to be the case.

Armando
    Last edited by Bunny; 06-01-2019 at 09:21 PM.

Oh... and anyone seen a rail like this before? Seems like on of the TASO aftermarket ones... but you can see someone milled a slot in it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A leak, upon airing up stopping when trigger is pulled is the powertube. A leak that doesn't stop at all is the on/off. Other than making sure that there is enough lube in the gun, it should be the powertube oring. It may look fine, but a leak is a leak. Thus you need a new oring.

I put a new powertube o ring on there since that original post and it still leaks... I noticed though... when I screw in the tip... there is a gap... I recall when screwing in the tip there used to NOT be a slight gap.

When I say “used to” I am referring to old level 7 power tune tips on both classic valves and RT valves I’ve worked on in the past.

The o-ring that goes on the powertube tip and the one that goes in the powertube are two different size o-rings. I would buy a spacer kit and go from there, or pick up .220 spacer. What size spacer is in there now?

Oh ****... that is probably the problem lol.

There is an o ring that goes under the spacer... which is completely missing...

Quote Originally Posted by Mondoatx View Post
    There is an o ring that goes under the spacer... which is completely missing...

That is the powertube oring. There is no powertube tip oring in the parts kit. That is a static oring on the tip and should basically never need replacing.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Hey guys... got my hands on a powertube o ring and she is shooting nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Mondoatx View Post
    Hey guys... got my hands on a powertube o ring and she is shooting nice!

Got to the field today for a few minutes and chrono’d her. Surprisingly consistent... out of 10 shots 8 of them were betw 291 and 295.

Can’t wait to mow some faces lol.

Now. Do not take the Valve halves apart until it craps out again. This will keep your reg seat good.

Do you use it with no grips on it like the pic ?

Also, how did you get my coffee cup ?